Notifications
Clear all

Mouse bindings

XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

I recently returned to this fun game, playing with the patched 14.6 version, having also loaded some mods (which I have not tried out yet).

My problem is:

How to get reasonable bindings for the MOUSE, as I play without joystick? I'd like to play the game like Freelancer or Darkstar One, where the mouse controls the ship and you select speed etc. with the keyboard.

There is even a binding program for the game, the problem is when I assign the pitch and yaw to the mouse, then it clashes with the star map, your ship bounces in all directions when you try to select a star system.

Is there a solution for this?

If you play with a mouse, I would much appreciate if you could upload your modified ini file for the control config.

Thanks very much 🙂

XenonS

XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Ok, after consulting the net and fansites for the game, it comes out that IW-2 is not made to be played with a mouse, most unfortunately.

One could assign the mouse axis, but it's not fluid and doesn't produce a big amount of movement.

It's best played with a joystick (Force Feedback supported) or keyboard alone. After re-assigning the speed and thruster for the left hand while operating the joystick with the right hand, all controls are fine and fluid.

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

As I recall it also need a joystick with a hat function, some thing which the joysticks I have owned never seen to have.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

It works really well with an xbox controller. There are bindings on the gog.com forum for the game. You need a wireless xbox usb dongle but they are cheap on amazon. Plays like a dream and nice to control from the hand, i much prefer it to my ff joystick for this game.

ReplyQuote