Notifications
Clear all

Infinity planet rings video

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Is this the video we have been waiting for and does it signal that the Battlescape Kickstarter will be appearing soon or are they just showing off the graphic engine?.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Like always the I-Novae engine looks amazing. Would just like to see something playable within the next 5-6 years 🙂

I think Infinity when complete would be one of the longest games in development that I have seen yet 😉

ReplyQuote
INovaeGene
(@inovaegene)
Petty Officer Registered

Is this the video we have been waiting for and does it signal that the Battlescape Kickstarter will be appearing soon or are they just showing off the graphic engine?.

This is our last planned video release before we launch our crowd funding campaign.  I cannot give a date on when that will start as we are still mostly part timers, but we are all working towards getting that launched soon.

We still have a lot of work to do, but we are keeping at it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

This is our last planned video release before we launch our crowd funding campaign.  I cannot give a date on when that will start as we are still mostly part timers, but we are all working towards getting that launched soon.

We still have a lot of work to do, but we are keeping at it.

Will be keeping a look out for it.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

The engine and the game definitely has a following and that following could make a successful kickstarter depending on how much money is needed for development. With Infinity being under some sort of development for quite a few years now people have an impression that it will never be released. I think the devs need to have a Shock and Awe campaign and wow the masses with what they have done to date to get the hype where they need it to be successful. I have always looked at Infinity as one of the biggest/epic games being worked on and that is what has kept me a fan. I do hope that vision is still there and it doesn't get slimmed down too much.

I have seen a lot of kickstarters fail, especially in the shadows of Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous, Limit Theory and a few others and with a few more upcoming games Infinity is coming into a very crowded space and they need to set themselves apart from the other games and show why Infinity is something to wait for. But hype is a huge part of success of kickstarters (especially if your asking for a lot).

Good luck and try not to wait too long 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I think they will have to be very clear in the pitch video and the notes on Kickstarter that this for the Battlescape game.

ReplyQuote