Clear all

New Infinity Quest for Earth video

KingHaggis
(@kinghaggis)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I happened to stumble upon this link today:

http://www.infinity-universe.com/~dev/W ... t-Test.wmv

This video should be newer than their "world famous tech demonstration 2010 video". Although I'm impressed with the overall look and feel of the game, I can't say they are as far ahead of "our" little Pioneer game (hey, I'm a fan 😀 ) as I expected. In fact, without wanting to start a rebellion, I must say Pioneer looks even better planetside. Still, I think ITQFE will be impressive one day. Very nice modelling work too and I love that good looking sky with clouds and stars. This is definitely one to keep an eye on.

cultist
(@cultist)
Master Chief Registered

Very nice plane sim and eyecandy 😛

I must say i dont think this will be the next eve online to mmo world.

So far so bad

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I don't know it looks like its been pre rendered. ❓

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I watched that 2nd video from the alpha preview and this video doesn't even compare and it seems actually worse than that one least the textures and shadows. I think in the end the I-Novae engine will be a better engine than most around and will have to put out some good visuals since the devs are looking to sell licensing for it. It sure would be nice to get more updates on Infinity.

ReplyQuote
KingHaggis
(@kinghaggis)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Maybe that's because this video wasn't made by Infinity Admin himself but by a contributer. Maybe he has his settings lower. I agree the "Tech Demo 2010" vid looks a lot better, but this video is newer.

ReplyQuote
KingHaggis
(@kinghaggis)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Here's the new video on Youtube:

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

It may be just a test vid with all the graphic bells and whistles turned off but IMO the Infinity deves do themselves no favours by realising this sort of vid. As the expectation is to see some thing much better than this.

ReplyQuote
KingHaggis
(@kinghaggis)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Quote:
It may be just a test vid with all the graphic bells and whistles turned off but IMO the Infinity deves do themselves no favours by realising this sort of vid. As the expectation is to see some thing much better than this.

Agreed. It's a very nice demonstration but disappointing when compared to the older movie. Maybe there's been lots of progress in the mean time but this video doesn't show it.

ReplyQuote