Notifications
Clear all

Amateur scifi author and gamer whose bad at naming things.

medchtsia
(@medchtsia)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I have visited this sight many times in the past but now I feel that I might be able to contribute to the SSC community. For a long time i have been working on multiple sci-fi Universes of my own.

The first one is about excavating gargantuan derelicts that are found scattered throughout the Oort cloud and later the rest of the galaxy. I got the idea from Space Hulk from Warhammer 40k but for my idea it would be less killing unspeakable horrors(although their will be some) and more exploring and excavating technology. Which is why i'm studying programming this year.

The second idea I have is more of a sociological idea more focused in a low, hard fantasy setting(Think Conan but with alien artifacts all over the world) that evolves into something greater.

But for now I just feel like talking and discussing things mostly because I'm bored.

auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered

"..less killing unspeakable horrors (although there will be some).." Brilliant! 😀

Welcome to SSC medchtsia! Both those ideas sound absolutely great to me - and also extremely original, which is unusual in this genre. As you say, some elements of 40K in there, but a bit different.

Are you planning on creating games in these settings, primarily? Or writing fiction? Or a bit of both if you have then time/skill? 🙂

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote
medchtsia
(@medchtsia)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

"..less killing unspeakable horrors (although there will be some).." Brilliant! 😀

Welcome to SSC medchtsia! Both those ideas sound absolutely great to me - and also extremely original, which is unusual in this genre. As you say, some elements of 40K in there, but a bit different.

Are you planning on creating games in these settings, primarily? Or writing fiction? Or a bit of both if you have then time/skill? 🙂

auryx

I'm planing on doing both actually. I am currently working on structure for both universes and creating a guide for my Derelicts one which will contain information on factions, technology, and recent events along with starting points for a future game. That and it takes place after the first interplanetary war just to add more reasons to why the artifacts are important.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Welcome to the forums Medchtsia.

Ever read the space viking http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Viking always loved the idea of a collapsed galactic empire, shame more games don't use it.

ReplyQuote
auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered

Ah, interesting Pinback! I played the Traveller RPG back in the '80s, and I always wondered if the "Sword Worlds" coalition in the official game setting was inspired by some other source. Now I know 🙂

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote