Notifications
Clear all

Another newcomer...

MetalGrootvader
(@metalgrootvader)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hey all! So I am nearly 50 and played Elite on my C64. I am in the great quest to find a great space sim along those lines which won't make me rage quit (Eve Online). So I am going to the MMO forum and see what may be available to a low-end PC user like myself. 

I read alot of space opera, write some (not sci fi though) and fish a lot too.

That's me...

Oh and if you are a fan of metal, especially melodic death, doom or female fronted folk metal.... you're golden in my book!

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome to SSC, MetalGrootvader.

I loved my C64 back in the 80's. You could also try Pioneer, Oolite, No Man's Sky there is a bunch more so dive into the forums are read. Have fun and see you in the forums.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Did someone mention Oolite? Welcome to SSC, young'un!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
NevilClavain
(@krakoukass)
Warrant Officer Registered

And did someone mention Metal Music ??? m/ m/

Melodic death metal is part of my preferences ! Was in the crowd for CoB live in last Download fest in Paris, It was just the best show of the whole fest IMHO

Oh, and welcome to SSC station; D1 forgot to tip off you to be careful with the station cleaning bots 😉

-Nev-

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

Welcome! I play since 80's when i had an amiga 500, wing commander and starglider 2 were my favourites.

Now the space sim golden age returned....it's great! You have a lot of meat on the fire to play with!

I like symphonic metal: nightwish, xandria you know...and i like also alternative metal like Disturbed.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Welcome to the forums MetalGrootvader.

ReplyQuote
MetalGrootvader
(@metalgrootvader)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks guys! No Man's Sky is a bit above my PCs stats so won't be playing. I am going to check out Oolite and Pioneer.

Nev and Natan: Amon Amarth is my favorite band and love their shows. The whole viking and folk metal scene is pretty awesome. I also saw Chidren of Bodom a few years back, great show! Saw Nightwish back in the winter in Columbus OH. One band I have listened to a ton in the past year is Maximum the Hormone. A Japanese band that is just...all over the place.

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

Can you suggest me some good epic metal bands?

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Welcome to the forums, nobody asked yet, so here we go: I read alot of space opera.

Give us your favorites! (:

Nowadays, I listen mostly to proggressive metal/rock but I think I still classify as fan of metal. ^^

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Welcome to you MetalGrootvader. A metal fan eh? I am more into classic rock myself, but metal is good too.

Now for some gaming suggestions.

First up Rebel Galaxy, here is a vid, think of it as a space western with Southern Rock music as the backdrop

Its a 2.5D game meaning there isn't any up and down just left, right, forward and backwards movement, but it is fun to play.

Its not an MMO tho.

It's system specs are:

Minimum system requirements - Windows: Vista/ 7/ 8/ 10

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, AMD Athlon™ X2 2.8 GHz, or higher

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: Shader Model 3.0, 512MB VRam

DirectX: Version 9.0b

Hard Drive: 2 GB available space

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compatible, 16-bit

Second suggestion is Freelancer, this is an older game so should have modest system requirements.

You should be able to locate a copy on Amazon or Ebay easily enough.

This game has tons of mods available and if its ones with an MMO feel, try out Discovery or Crossfire

ReplyQuote