Notifications
Clear all

Greetings and salutations!

Grimloon
(@grimloon)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Heya folks,

I'm a 30 mumble gamer with a history of space sims, starting with Elite on the BBC model B, progressing through the X-wing series, Privateer, Freelancer series, I War series, X series and Jumpgate Classic. Basically if it involves space, a ship and something to shoot at then I'll at least give it a go.

I do play RPG and FPS games as well but prefer anything with a sci fi setting and requiring a certain degree of skill rather than random button spammage.

Just in case the avatar doesn't give it away I'm a member of the Fallen Wild squad eagerly awaiting the release of Jumpgate Evolution as well as Black Prophecy. I'm the squad second in command and irresponsible for the majority of the random/lunatic babble that may have occurred on various forums previously (see "Lemble" for an example - on second thoughts, please don't. It's not pretty. Lemming Wing is a go though!) I'm not that bad generally but have my occasional "moments".

Basically I like to fly but have an objection to these "gravity" and "ground" things so open space just has to be the way to go. I'm also quite happily experimenting with ultra widescreen gaming at the moment so I intend to revisit some old favourites and see if I can tweak them a touch.

Taymar
(@taymar)
Senior Chief Registered

Hey Grim,

Glad you took my advice and signed up to these boards. Oh the joys of command !

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome to SSC Grimloom

There is a quite the few games under development right now that fits the bill of what you are looking for and some older. There all on the site (or least what the community has found) and you might be able to play BP a lot sooner than expected with the news today. 🙂

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Welcome man !

ReplyQuote
Grimloon
(@grimloon)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for the welcome, you looked like a friendly bunch from what I read before I registered 🙂

Darkone wrote:
you might be able to play BP a lot sooner than expected with the news today. 🙂

Yes, I saw that earlier today when one of the squad had been doing a little bit of 0 dark hundred web browsing and let us all know. I'm not sure about moving it to F2P but it depends on the business model they choose. I still have high hopes of being able to use the flight stick for it's true purpose sometime this year though.

The classics remain just that - classic. However, I still find myself hankering for something new! A new challenge, new AI, new mechanic, new psychosis - anything that forces me to be a newbie all over again is great in my book. I live and learn as well as live to learn so if it ain't broke I'll play it, if it is broke I'll try my best to fix it! Unless it's truly borked, all bets are off then 😀

ReplyQuote