Notifications
Clear all

greetings from a wary traveler

slimeylimey
(@slimeylimey)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

hello, im Jake im new to SSC as you can probably tell :P, anyway a bit about myself, im an 18 year old PC gamer from England, im studying video game development at college at the moment with the intent to to to uni next year, i enjoy strategy games mostly but do play at lot of 4X and RPG style games as well (mostly in space), on the subject of games i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good space themed RPG or 4X game, preferably with the ability to customize your own ship/fleet.

thank you in advance and i hope you welcome me to your corner of space  

Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Welcome to SSC, amigo.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Welcome to the forums Slimeylimey.

Can't say anything about 4X games as I don't play them as for space RPG the only one I think of, off hand would be Void of Darkness http://www.voidofdarkness.com/

also have a look in the forum http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/forum/74-fps-strategy-and-tactical-scifi-games/

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Hey Slimeylimey

Welcome to SSC and I personally would much rather purchase a good RPG over a 4x game. And if you have some project that you need play testing i'm sure someone could help if you posted on it 🙂

ReplyQuote
slimeylimey
(@slimeylimey)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

wow people actually replied :D, sorry i have been off doing so assignments, umm quick question then, why would you buy a RPG over a 4X game , and does that apply to all strategy games, personally i love strategy, the ability to plan ahead and out smart my opponent especially with inferior forces gets me pumped, i have always been a bit let down by space sim RPG because i feel so disconnected, on that topic anyone else looking forward to star citizen  

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Looking forward seeing Star Citizen Although it will be the first time I have have played an online game assuming I get the broadband sorted out.

ReplyQuote
slimeylimey
(@slimeylimey)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

that's fair enough, i have pretty good broadband, so it doesn't bother me so much, just need to get round to upgrading my pc 😛 

ReplyQuote