Notifications
Clear all

Hello

orestes1986
(@orestes1986)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hello,

I am searching the web for space games (especially mmo) for some years now, from time to time, I have stumble upon this site, but this is the first time I register.

I like space games, I have played EVE online, Vendetta online, Gates of Horizon, Dark Prophecy, Star Conflict, Entropy, Nebula Online, Cannons Lasers Rockets, SWTOR, Star Trek online, several Browser games (for a very short time) etc.

I generally prefer mouse (point and click) control (rather than WASD) for space games, that generally means that I prefer a game that is based on giving orders to your ship (Eve, Gates of Horizon, Nebula online) and not a dog-fighting one (Vendetta online, Entropy, Star Conflict).

Lately I see a lot of new space mmos and I usually am worried about whether or they are gonna make it, I just happen to come across a catalog of mmos where I found a lot I hadn't noticed many of which are already unfortunately dead 🙁 .

Anyway, I am Orestes, I am from Greece and I like space mmos,see ya

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Hello Orestes1986.

Not a player of online games myself so I can't comment on which are any good/bad but you are right about the life expectancy of MMOs they do tend to pop up and disappear very fast.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome to SSC, Orestes1986

Yeah there isn't much in the way of games with just point-and-click gameplay in the form of MMO's, there is a bit more of that style of game in the tactical/strategy forum area for SP/MP games. But there just isn't a huge market for that sort of game play, hence why they fizzle out with EVE being the exception.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Welcome to the SSC Orestes1986. Perhaps you might consider a 2D space game? Many of those use mouse only controls. Or if you wanted to try out a space combat game, Freelancer used mouse controls to good effect. Its an old game these days but can still give you good playability and the mod scene is awesome!

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

Welcome in the capitol ship SSC!

ReplyQuote
Phaserlight
(@phaserlight)
Master Chief Registered

Greetings, orestes1986.  A fellow VOer! 

ReplyQuote