Notifications
Clear all

Hello from Marutigames

Anonymous
Topic starter  

Hi guys,

i am coder from marutigames, lead developer of a space simulation game we are working on, a few days back i found the site and was happy to find a space simulation lover community, we love everything about space, watched lots of documentaries, so that's why we choose to make another space simulation game to join the large number of games already there. It doesn't matter for us, we want to give players our own perspective of such a game. right now its tech demo is being developed, we are planning to go with the tech demo on steam greenlight and funding. you can check it out here.

49815.png

if you cant click above here is the direct link  http://www.indiedb.com/games/antarix

its on indie-db right now. we are updating it constantly with images and videos. also planning to share the game itself in the current stage, as we will go closer to tech demo. each playable state will have some kind of gameplay. Now we will also post the same devlogs, images and all the media here too for keeping the community in the loop.

[attachment=3446:Test 2016-06-06 09-33-02-379.png]  [attachment=3447:Test 2016-06-06 09-33-25-058.png]

Thanks,

Coder

(Tech Lead, Marutigames)

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Welcome to the forums Marutigames.

I like the idea of starting the game with no ship and doing courier missions and it look like from the video on indiebd that you can wander around the space port/station.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Topic starter  

Welcome to the forums Marutigames.

I like the idea of starting the game with no ship and doing courier missions and it look like from the video on indiebd that you can wander around the space port/station.

yes pinback,

the idea is to grow slowly in the game, start as a simple player having nothing, work hard to build yourself, your ships, army, colonize the planets, join or create a alliance (clan) and prepare for the final war which is coming. till then its not only grinding, there will be weekly, montly missions for everyone to play till the final war will come. 

so player is basically playing for himself and  his clan to make themselves powerful enough to face the final war. and if they work hard, they can be next king. instead of current one. or can choose which of the prince will be king, it all depends on player.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Just to clear a point up about the game I see indiebd has the game as both a single and muliplayer game and from your answer above it sounds like an online only game or is there a offline single player game?.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Topic starter  

Just to clear a point up about the game I see indiebd has the game as both a single and muliplayer game and from your answer above it sounds like an online only game or is there a offline single player game?.

Its a online game, but not for most of the time, it requires online connectivity to login you in and load in your settings that you want, because the universe of the game is shared universe, same for everyone, so even if you are playing in sandbox mode, you will be influencing the universe as much as every other player is, like for eg: planets have limited resources, so if some 100 players are harveting a single planet for days, time may come it will have no more resources, and even new players will have to go somewhere else. so the game is not constantly updating data from online servers but time to time as required mostly for getting new missions and making updates to the sector you are in based on what other players did.

thats why the missions and events (weekly, monthly) will effect the entire player base. even if you are playing sandbox. and if we get a good start on steam, we are going to implement real multiplayer too, everything will be same except now you can do coop with friends to complete missions which you alone fail because of the mission is too hard for one player.

ReplyQuote
Phaserlight
(@phaserlight)
Master Chief Registered

Hello, and welcome!

ReplyQuote