Notifications
Clear all

I hope you'll give a Space Pirate Permission to Dock.

Wingclaw
(@wingclaw)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi to all, I'm Wingclaw.

I'm somewhat new to the space combat/exploration sim's. I stumbled onto AD Astra about a year ago while looking for something new to play and was hooked instantly.

Now I'm looking for something new to play again, Something with the same feel like AD Astra but better.

And now after a hand full of google searches brought me here, Wich is good because I need to refuel. 😉

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Welcome to the station Wingclaw and be advised that the zero g toilets are malfunctioning again.

Now I'm looking for something new to play again, Something with the same feel like AD Astra but better.

As in a free game then Pioneer would be worth a look http://www.pioneerspacesim.net/#&panel1-1 or if you want to spend some credits then Evochron Legacy http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegacy/ and download the demo first.

ReplyQuote
Wingclaw
(@wingclaw)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks PinBack for the welcome and the warning about the zero-g toilets, I'll head out to my ship if that time comes.

Pioneer looks exactly what I'm looking for, Thanks. And I've read about Evocheon Legacy, I love how the Cockpit and HUD looks in that game. Two grat games that give you a ship and dump you into deep space. I've picked up some of Starwraith's older games froum the downloads page here, I have RiftSpace and Star Wraith 3 and 4.

Have you hered of Transcendence? I picked it up from another site, Its a nice top down Space Combat and Exploration Game made by kronosaur.com

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Welcome to you Wingclaw, both Pioneer & Evochron are both good choices. To add to them I would also suggest Oolite (this also has numerous mods/addons available called OXPs) and FFE3D, which is a vast improved and upgraded version of the old Elite III game from the mid 1990s, both of these are free. Check out this thread over on the Frontier Forum for more details.

Did you ever play Wing Commander? Liked it? Miss it? You could try a fan made sequel called Wing Commander Saga.

Above all have fun.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Have you hered of Transcendence? I picked it up from another site, Its a nice top down Space Combat and Exploration Game made by kronosaur.com

Transcendence been mentioned a few times in the past but my fav 2D space combat/trading game is DearthWar 3030, the older free version is in the download section of the forum and their is an updated one on itch.io

ReplyQuote
Wingclaw
(@wingclaw)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks all for the suggest. Everyone seems very friendly here.

PinBack,The Evochron Legacy demo did not run for me but its all good because Pioneer runs like a dream and i like it a lot 😀

Its too bad tho, Evochron Legacy seems like a very good game with a lot of depth to it.

Geraldine, I don't think I've ever played Wing Commander but if its out there I'm sure to thy it  ^_^

I know some forums don't like it when newbie's post a lot in a welcome post but wile I'm here I have a question. What Gallery would be good for 3D model pics?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I know some forums don't like it when newbie's post a lot in a welcome post but wile I'm here I have a question. What Gallery would be good for 3D model pics?

No worries ask away and as to your question, if it's your own work then the show off forum is the one to start a thread in http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/forum/41-show-off/ otherwise game screen shots go in the gallery.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

There is definitely a lot of games out there for any one to play now and there is only more coming. GOG.com from time-to-time has a nice sale on the WC Games you should give them a spin sometime because they are pretty good and Freespace II and Indenpendence War 2 as well and of course the classic Freelancer.

Any space traveler is welcome here as long as they don't abuse my cleaning bots, those little guys work day and night cleaning up this station and if they breakdown it could get smelly quick 🙂

Welcome to the station Wingclaw.

ReplyQuote
Wingclaw
(@wingclaw)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

PinBack,Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, i didnt think to look in the forums.

DarkOne, Im going to have to give Freespace II a try. its only $9.99 on steam.Thinks 😀

Thinks, I'll give your cleaning bots plenty of room. A clean space station is a happy space station. I'll also wouldn't pray on any trade ships in your secter.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Also keep an eye out for deals on GOG. Often times they too have sales and there is some great ones on there. GOG versions are generally much more mod friendly too than their Steam counterparts.

And for a special free fan edition of Privateer (Gemini Gold), have a look here. This is only the very tip of a very large space sim shaped iceberg!

ReplyQuote
Phaserlight
(@phaserlight)
Master Chief Registered

Greetings, Wingclaw.  Good luck on your refueling!

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

You have clearance to dock!

ReplyQuote