Notifications
Clear all

Salutations

Joure
(@joure)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi everyone.

My name is Joure and wow, I'm super excited about this forum.

I've been looking through a what's out there for a while now and being a developer time is not on my side when it comes to the amount of time I have in a day to spend besides working on my game, however, I want to be involved with a community and after browsing some other forums while attempting to get involved I felt pretty secluded. I didn't feel people were genuinely interested besides their own posts/games/whatever but after reading some threads here I find that I am liking this community already so I wish to be a part of it and maybe find some friends here.

I also wanted to share a project I'm working on. I'm the lead developer and jack-of-all-trades on a game called STARDROP. I am responsible for almost everything in there, from the writing to the level design to designing the gameplay aspects. My background lies in modding (half-life 2 mod called 1187) and was lucky enough to be picked up by Monochrome to work on Contagion. After a few years and some things I rather won't talk about I decided to finally fully follow my dream and start on a small humble indie game. 

I ran a kickstarter campaign as well recently which failed to reach its goal, but that's fine, I'm not here to promote that.

So I'm here to try and create a community around it as well as be part of a passionate sci fi centered community as well.  So instead of pitching my game (which I'm terrible at, le sigh) I'll post a video walk-through of the game from Drop Bear Industries who was incredibly excited about it: 

I also have an official website where you can stay up to date and also download the demo:  http://www.stardropgame.com

I'm going to browse some more and am eager to contribute. Cheers for reading and I apologize for the large word count above. 😛

Joure

EDIT: I'm sorry I forgot to ask one important question: Since this forum is about space sims and combat, is there any room for an adventure exploration game set on board of space crafts? 

Anonymous

Welcome Joure. You will really like the community here. Enjoy! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

EDIT: I'm sorry I forgot to ask one important question: Since this forum is about space sims and combat, is there any room for an adventure exploration game set on board of space crafts? 

Welcome to the forums Joure.

Best place to start a thread would be here http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/forum/74-fps-strategy-and-tactical-scifi-games/ as to weather you will get any interest in your game it's just too hard to say. All I can really say is that if you start a thread then all means keep it updated as it will give the game some more exposure.

I would say that you should add a simple FAQ to your website with some bullet points about the game as well as having those annoying GIF.

ReplyQuote
Joure
(@joure)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Welcome Joure. You will really like the community here. Enjoy! 🙂

Thank you. I have a good feeling. Sorry for not replying sooner.

Welcome to the forums Joure.

Best place to start a thread would be here http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/forum/74-fps-strategy-and-tactical-scifi-games/ as to weather you will get any interest in your game it's just too hard to say. All I can really say is that if you start a thread then all means keep it updated as it will give the game some more exposure.

I would say that you should add a simple FAQ to your website with some bullet points about the game as well as having those annoying GIF.

Thanks for the suggestion.

An yeah I'm still doing a trial and error run regarding the website and PR/Marketing in general. I'm mostly a developer so I'm learning as much as possible. I already am scheduling in some time soon to reduce the amount of gifs and also optimize the newer ones. And yes a bullet point break down is also something I'm going to add there. Thanks. 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome to SSC Joure

Stardrop looks like a nice game so far so please keep at it and Pinback already pointed you to the right forum area so post away. I see your website has a forum area, if you wanted one here you just have to let me know and I will make it happen. Use SSC to your advantage and post about your game, even though you may not get a ton of feedback the posts are indexed into google so people will naturally find it, the more exposure you get the better for you in the long run.

There is a ton of posts about different games here so dive in and have fun and a few ongoing projects. As long as I am able SSC will be here.... so don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. So welcome to the station and feel free to stay as long as you like.

ReplyQuote
Phaserlight
(@phaserlight)
Master Chief Registered

Welcome!

ReplyQuote