Notifications
Clear all

Sci-fi Artist, gamer And Dev

ShaunWilliams
(@shaunwilliams)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,  I am Shaun Williams, a lifelong gamer and lover of sci-fi.  I love designing space craft and have spent the last few years making my Ghostship Games.  I have 4 kids and live in the UK.

I am a passionate about sci-fi which includes art, games, movies and books.  I have been a sci-fi artist for 20 years now and the last few years I have been working on Ghostship.  I have Bachelors degree in games design and have worked at a variety of studios and schools.

Some of models can be found here

Some of my models and animation can be found here

My facebook page is  here (please share some social love)

Some Of My published Works

2006 - TBP : The Babylon Project - Various roles on the Freespace 2 total conversion to Babylon 5

2008 - B5 - Earth Brakiri War -  Campaigns and mission packs for TBP

2012 - Moonbase Alpha - Science & Industry Museum, Florida, USA

2013 - Featuring in - Digital Mayhem 3d Techniques - Book available on amazon

2013 - Animation featured in Documentary - Target Earth

2014 - Ghostshsip Aftermath (For Virtual Reality or without) PC Game

Some Screenshots from Ghostship Aftermath

[attachment=2845:GSAss14.jpg]

[attachment=2846:GSAss29.jpg]

[attachment=2847:GSAss31.jpg]

[attachment=2848:GSAss23.jpg]

Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Welcome to SSC, amigo!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome Shawn and a artist I am not, sure wish I was I could actually put some garb together and sport some SSC t-shirts 🙂

I haven't heard of Ghostship Aftermath before and it looks interesting, and see you just had a steam update for the game as well. Some nice clips of the game in that steam video, great work.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I welcome to the forums Shawn.

Some great animation clips their 😎 although a little George Lucas inspired which is no bad thing.

ReplyQuote
ShaunWilliams
(@shaunwilliams)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks guys, the video on steam is older gameplay, screenshots are all from new version.  For Aftermath and much of my work I get a lot of inspiration from star wars, babylon 5, ridley scott etc.  I like to design something more 80s and 90s style, which is big bulky and dirty.  Three hundred years into the future i envisage humanity as it is today but with some more advanced tech.  If we could bypass the time dimension through wormholes etc then space travel may be possible but not as sleek and slick as some more modern sci-fi games and films make out.

I like to design more practical stuff, and aftermath is game with a difference and has a lot of new features which make for a challenge.  Its not an FPS, CDF Ghostship my current WIP is an FPS, so be sure to check it out.  I have put that in steam early access to try and get feedback, promo and some funds as both these games have had no funds upto now, just a lot of hard work.

CDF Ghostship can be found here CDF ghostship is like the old style shooters, so if you loved the old games lokie doom, system shock, aliens etc then be sure to check it out.  Here are some screen from CDF Ghostship

[attachment=2870:CDFScreenshot1.jpg]

[attachment=2871:CDFScreenshot2.jpg]

[attachment=2872:CDFScreenshot4.jpg]

[attachment=2873:CDFScreenshot7.jpg]

[attachment=2874:CDFScreenshot9.jpg]

[attachment=2875:CDFScreenshot11.jpg]

[attachment=2876:CDFScreenshot16.jpg]

ReplyQuote