Forum

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 precent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

SE1-1071 Damned Bastard requesting permission to dock.  

RSS

koder
(@koder)
Crewman Registered
November 3, 2019 5:17 am  

A beat-down K37 approaches the station, with plume of it's NTR suspiciously dark, as if reactor could not keep up with mass flow. There are scratch-marks all over the hull and radiation shielding is all but peeled off. It's hail is audio only, using archaic encoding that makes captain's voice sound metalic, like coming through a empty bucket.

"Greetings, SSC! I came across your station as I found a link to ΔV: Rings of Saturn on your site, and I'm the dev - so I figured I'll drop by and establish new trade routes. We trade in hard top-down science-fiction mostly, but not shy down on other merchandise. Requesting permission to dock."

Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Commander Registered
November 3, 2019 6:16 am  

Welcome to SSC, amigo!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
November 3, 2019 10:21 am  

Permissions to bump the station Koder and welcome to the forums.

I see the demo is being updated tomorrow.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
November 3, 2019 9:16 pm  

Welcome to the station Koder, surprised you were able to make it here... looks like you got some repairs to do.... relax and enjoy the station.

Rings of Saturn looks like it is coming along nicely, I haven't gotten around to playing the demo or really anything. That drone helping with the mining video was great. I noticed that some of the bad comments on steam is mainly because of controls (of the lack of the player understanding newton physics....) do you plan to incorporate a more arcade style for those that are not true space fans? personally keep your vision.... but I know you need to eat and house yourself so the more you sell the better for us 🙂

If you need anything from SSC just ask, have no problem creating a forum area for you if you need it.

This post was modified 1 week ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Master Chief Registered
November 4, 2019 3:36 am  
Posted by: @koder

We trade in hard top-down science-fiction mostly

Nice ! 🙂 

ReplyQuote
koder
(@koder)
Crewman Registered
November 4, 2019 4:22 am  
Posted by: @sscadmin

I noticed that some of the bad comments on steam is mainly because of controls (of the lack of the player understanding newton physics....) do you plan to incorporate a more arcade style for those that are not true space fans?

There is already a comprehensive autopilot what handles all the gritty details of which thrusters to fire, but it does not cheat the physics - if you fly a heavy ship with light thrusters, it will handle like a pregnant whale. Most arcadish way to play is to plug in a controller.

I think many of the negative reviews were made in earlier versions - the autopilot had massive overhauls. I hoped the free demo will help with that, but it seems many people bought the game without checking it out.

Posted by: @sscadmin

If you need anything from SSC just ask, have no problem creating a forum area for you if you need it.

I think it's all up to members of SSC - no need to make an artificial section if no-one is playing the game, right? If any of you have any questions about the game, I'll be happy to give you all the answers you need.

As for SSC guidelines - would it be okay to put links to the game and game's discord in my sig?

Geraldine liked
ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered
November 4, 2019 8:51 am  

@koder

Don't compromise on your game's controls Koder because it will only do a disservice to all the effort you and your team put into getting the physics working correctly. I remember a similar situation back in the 90s when Elite 2 (my most cherished game ever) came out.

ic

Although it was the best selling game of 1993, many moaned about being unable to fly the ships in it using the Newtonian flight model that David Braben built. All it took was practice and once mastered, from that moment on, every other space sim just felt "wrong" for me. It's my belief that once someone grasps an understanding of Newtonian, you can't go back. Heck, even now I still struggle with more arcade style space sims simply because I can't get the ships to do what I want. It just "feels", for the want of a better word, wrong, contrived even. I am in spaaaaaaaace! Let my ship be a space ship not a damn aeroplane!

Anyways, sorry for that rant. 😊

Good luck with your game. I will be honest and say I left the 2D space flight stuff behind back in my Amiga Star Control 2 days (loved that game too), but who knows? I might be tempted back. 😉 

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered
November 4, 2019 12:06 pm  

Permission granted, koder. Welcome aboard!!! 👍 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
November 4, 2019 12:07 pm  
Posted by: @koder

As for SSC guidelines - would it be okay to put links to the game and game's discord in my sig?

No problem at all Koder, your links are on topic so go right ahead. That rule is only for people that post links in signature that have nothing to do with site or posting content. So feel free to post anything about your game or any other space/scifi gaming project.

This post was modified 1 week ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
Share: