Notifications
Clear all

Mass Effect 3 to boast greater mass appeal

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

“Won't somebody please think of the EA investors” 😆

Mass Effect 3 to boast greater mass appeal according to EA boss John Riccitiello.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... ger-market

Quote:
Speaking during an investor Q&A today, Riccitiello explained that Mass Effect 3 will boast greater mass appeal than its two predecessors.

"One of the things that Ray Muzyuka and the team up in Edmonton have done is essentially step-by-step adjust the gameplay mechanics and some of the features that you'll see at E3 to put this in a genre equivalent to shooter-meets-RPG," he said, "and essentially address a much larger market opportunity than Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 began to approach.

Funny always thought this game was very popular, wonder if this means it going to be a 3rd person shooter only 🙄 and I see that its been delayed till next year now.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Yeah, Mass Effect 3 is going to be delayed until sometime in 1st quarter 2012. I think the combat is good just the way it is and if you want to use the pauses to change weapons or give commands/special powers you can map the controls so you don't have to. As long as BioWare doesn't mass up the game I will be find with it. I just don't want Modern Warfare 2 in space. The Mass Effect series already makes good money and will be a top seller next year, if anything they should make the game world even bigger and more open ended and add space combat and that will put the fans into a frenzy 🙂

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

DarkOne wrote:
if anything they should make the game world even bigger and more open ended and add space combat and that will put the fans into a frenzy 🙂

From your mouth to God's ears 🙂 I can definitely say already that I will be taking about a free week from my job in order to play this game when it will be released ... given that I will still have a job by then 😛

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

no mass effect 3 for 2011..... oh well, with sykrim and diablo 3 others i might not have time to play it anyways 😆

at lest we know we are getting one good game for 2012 now 🙄

ReplyQuote