Notifications
Clear all

Mass Effect 3

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Here is the first trailer for ME3 that comes out holiday season of 2011.

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-mass-effect/708363 [/gametrailers]

LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

yea cant wait to save earth have the frist 2, go commander shepard love this game so much, geezzz thanks darkone i want to play it now 😛 ..... i guess mass effect 2 will have to do,time for a restart again!!! (i post too much late at night lol)

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Yeah I am looking forward to playing ME2 for the first time, was going to buy ME2 for my PS3. They say they are going to be using ME3 graphic engine for the ME2 release for PS3. So it should look even better, and I should have time to complete it before ME3 comes out at the end of 2011.

ReplyQuote
Straker
(@straker)
Senior Chief Registered

I don't understand the meaning of "holiday season 2011"?

What month is that roughly?

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

This is good news, I hope I can import my Commander from the first 2 games. 🙂

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

Straker wrote:
I don't understand the meaning of "holiday season 2011"?

What month is that roughly?

i would have to say anything after nov 1 yes it's a very vague answer i know 😆 its not that farr away if you think about it

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

When talking about such a game, it isn't very easy to find the proper words ... this is just EPIC !

Can't wait to get my hands on it !

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I see there has been some speculation as to a new feature in Mass Effect 3 apparently it’s going to be mult-player

I much prefer being able to fly the ship.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Me too Pinback. The game really needs at least a section of space flight. For example, Shepard and two companions fly some small fighters in a desperate battle against a Reaper or even better, you get to fly the Normandy in a similar battle by way of Joker. After all, there were sections in the second game that hinted at just that. It remains to be seen if Bioware will follow through with a proper "spacy" mission or missions. I hope they do because if done right, it could be the best part of the game! 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I have been hearing about the possibility of adding multiplayer to ME3 and it would be nice but I really enjoy the single player experience and would much rather them concentrate on the game content or adding actual space flight or battles you can participate in.

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

i hope its co-op mission based would be nice, just done a goggle seach its going to be "Horde-style multiplayer mode," i bit like gears of war 😕 don't know what to say about that not a big fav of gears of war.......games.

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

I am so psyched for ME3, not happy about E.A. really hope they don't screw this up.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I was looking at getting ME3 from Amazon sometime soon but then looked at the rating and it rates as a two star game and there is more negative comments than positive. Anyone have any thoughts on the game? How does it compare with 1&2?

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Well I just finished it and I have to say this is one epic game. It delivers much more than I expected in terms of story and there's so much drama in there that once you'll finish the game you'll be left with a feeling something like: "wtf / what now/ please one more game / is this the meaning of life ?"

The only reason you see so much bad review about it is because of how the game ends. Everyone got so used for games to always end well, everyone survives, the sky is blue, birds sing and the boy gets the girl ... but not this time. The ending in ME3 really crushes your morale and leaves you with a ton of questions, especially for me, considering that I got the worst god damn possible game end cause I rushed into finishing the game. The game, overall, is absolutely brilliant and to be honest, the more I think about it, the more I believe a happy ending just wouldn't have looked and felt as good as this dramatic end that they chose.

This is my opinion on the game ending, but I'm probably the "1%" that feels like this, the rest of 99% are just pissed off cause they were left with too many questions unanswered and would've preferred a more happy ending.

So mate I guess it's your choice to play this game or not, but I can safely tell you that you'd be missing out on a great game/experience. I, for one, loved this game and the entire Mass Effect series and I feel like crap right now knowing there wont be a fourth installment ... damn it !!

p.s. if you remember, a while ago I was saying that when ME3 gets out I'll be calling sick from work ... haha, well I actually had a nasty cold for like a week and I still do, but I got myself a wireless keyboard and mouse and I still played the game from my bed 🙂

EDIT:

here's a youtube comment quote I found which expresses exactly how I feel now lolz:

I've played this game for 3 days and when I beated it, I looked through my apartmet window and I felt like, damn, where are those kilometer tall buildings, spaceports and hovercars? It just sucks you into its world, no other game is like it, it feels like after reading a good book, you are literally in another world.

And an example of how much it "sucked" me into its world: yesterday, when I finished the game, I asked my brother "hey, how's the snow outside ?" and he started laughing, why ? Well because all the snow melted several days ago, but I was so focused on the game that I haven't even noticed that spring came in full force 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Theres been a lot speculation on what future games they may make in the Mass Effect universe.

Any one know if they are going to release all three games together along with all the DLC stuff as well in one box

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Thanks SolCommand for the comments, yeah most were about the ending and I tried not to read anything because I am still going to buy it and play it eventually sometime this year. I just wanted to hear it from a dedicated space gaming fans mouth first, I don't care if there may not be a happy ending because I think there should be more games like that where maybe you cannot save the universe and you are maybe destined to fail, you just need to decide by how bad 😈

I would play this game regardless of ending because I want to find out what happens to all of the characters.... especially Tali because she was my love interest in ME2 🙂

ReplyQuote
Bullwinkle
(@bullwinkle)
Warrant Officer Registered

DarkOne wrote:
I am still going to buy it and play it eventually

Wait... what? You haven't bought it yet?! I thought you were a gaming enthusiast?

I upgraded the video card in my development workstation so that I could play Mass Effect because people on this board raved so much about it. They were not wrong... the Mass Effect trilogy is one of the best game series ever produced. The scenes are so breathtaking that I sometimes stop playing the game and just look around to enjoy the view. It's almost as much fun as hiking, but without having to walk up hills. 🙂

I cannot add much to what SolCommand said about ME 3's storyline. As interactive fiction, ME 3 is as good as it gets. The story is awesome.

As for the ending... that's up to you. If you don't like the ending, then play it again, make different choices, and get a different ending. 🙂

Personally, I thought all of the endings were excellent.

The only disappointment was minor: The gameplay is too easy (and the plot too short). Even on Insanity, I breezed through the game too quickly. The earlier games were far more challenging on Hardcore setting than ME 3 is on Insanity.

Nevertheless, it is an epic climax to an epic series. Get it now! 😆

(And, out of curiosity, what other space game is even in Mass Effect's league, fun-wise? Because, if there is such a thing, then I want that!)

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
Bullwinkle wrote:
Wait... what? You haven't bought it yet?! I thought you were a gaming enthusiast?

I know, but I have so many games to play and so little time. That's why I only get maybe 1-2 reviews a month in if I am lucky. I will probably pickup both Deus Ex 3 and ME3 this coming Xmas on the cheap. Those are the types of games that suck me and and I loose a 1-2 weeks at the least. Because I am one of those completionists. I was hoping that the new ME3 didn't go to wild on the combat part of the game and ruin it, I liked ME2 combat just fine. I am a huge story fan so I'm sure I will be pleased with the game when I sit down with it eventually.

ReplyQuote
Bullwinkle
(@bullwinkle)
Warrant Officer Registered

DarkOne wrote:
I will probably pickup ... ME3 this coming Xmas

Christmas!? Hoky Smoke!

I understand being busy but, seriously, what game is more important?

Although I do understand your comment about getting sucked in. Yeah, ME 3 could do that, easily. 🙂 So maybe your plan makes sense, after all.

Combat is definitely easier than ME 2. It seemed quite a bit easier to me. Also, there is no mini-game, which speeds up game play dramatically. There is even a "narrative only" difficulty level, for those who only want to watch the cut scenes. How is that for an unexpected reversal?!

As for Tali... yep! That's all I'm going to say... no spoilers. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Where?.

ReplyQuote