Notifications
Clear all

Mass Effect 4 game.

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

BiaWare hint at a new Mass Effect game.

Sounds like you may be able to go where you want in this game.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Definitely looks great, looks like they might go the route of Skyrim in Space..... um which would be awesome by the way. But that is only if they could pull it off and not make it a DLC crippled game that I will wait 1-2yrs to buy until the GOTY is out. BioWare has been relying on DLC a lot more lately and not giving us the game they should. So we will see as they said.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like they may be going for something like Skyrim according to this vid

the mako returns for some planet exploration.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

They had another one of these n7 days yesterday with a live feed and probably a video will pop up YouTube at some point but in the meantime Incgamers manged to capture some of the concept art shown on it. http://www.incgamers.com/2014/11/mass-effect-concept-art-revealed-plus-writing-team-details

Most of what was discussed is already known; the Mako’s return, a greater emphasis on exploration and so on. The majority of the concept art pieces were depicting various alien worlds. Here’s what I managed to capture from the stream.

mass-effect-concept-art-11-1024x487.png

I believe this was the first one shown. The Mako is present there in the foreground. Once again, the BioWare guys said it will be much more fun to drive this time around.

mass-effect-concept-art-4-1024x576.png

A rather Citadel-esque shot (but probably not the Citadel.)

mass-effect-concept-art-1-1024x576.png

Some menacing angular pyramid shapes.

mass-effect-concept-art-3-1024x576.png

A large geometric craft of some kind. Apologies that this is so vague, but the images are all we really have to go on.

mass-effect-concept-art-2-1024x576.png

This one is interesting, as it shows a humanoid figure looking at some sort of generated spherical star map.

Yes lets hope they have a bigger universe than the first ones did and more freedom to explore it.

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

A skyrim in space? Well...i can leave my job, family and friends and close myself in a shelter with a 10 Teraflop computer and play it for the rest of my life!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Rumor Control.

May or may not be some details on Mass Effect 4 on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/32yzxf/last_month_i_took_a_random_survey_about_mass/

Reading it I get the impression that it's sounds like an first person RTS  game more than a RPG/ cover shooter as the last ones were, any how the most interesting bit,

As you pilot your space ship, Tempest, across the 100s of solar systems that are seamlessly connected in the next Mass Effect, you will encounter new planets filled with valuable resources, intelligent life, conflict, and alien technology that all give you opportunities to increase the power of your character, your ship and your team so that you can build them into a force that perfectly suits your gameplay style. Transitions between activities, like flying your Tempest (space ship) across a solar system to land on a mineral rich planet, then jumping into your Mako (land vehicle) to explore the surface of planet, all happen smoothly without loading screens.

Nice if it turns out to be right.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Not being able to fly the Normandy in the last games always irked me. Yes the previous games were very good indeed but I always thought the the space sim aspect was always lacking. Closest thing it had was the taxi chase in ME2 via the Shadow Broker DLC. This gave me some hope that it might have been more of this in ME3, especially with the big space battles, but no.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Never a big fan of the Mass Effect Games, only got about half way through the first one and never bothered to play the other two and I agree that not being able to fly the Normandy was a major disappointment of the game.

So I hope they do some sort of space sim to the new series rather than the board counter moving from the previous games.

ReplyQuote
CrossDressiNate
(@crossdressinate)
Senior Chief Registered

I was pleasantly surprised by the Mass Effect series, and do hope that the new Mass Effect is actually an open world game, but Iwon't be surprised if it's hub based again.

Not being able to fly the Normandy in the last games always irked me. Yes the previous games were very good indeed but I always thought the the space sim aspect was always lacking. Closest thing it had was the taxi chase in ME2 via the Shadow Broker DLC. This gave me some hope that it might have been more of this in ME3, especially with the big space battles, but no.

I'd love for some space battles as well.

But as long as the story is strong, I can't really say I'll be disappointed.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I would be somewhat excited if EA ever gets off their ass and puts ME3 on steam already... they cannot be making a ton off it anymore and if they release on steam I am pretty sure they would get a lot of sales from it. Least ME1&2 were good 🙂 The sacrifices I make to just be a steam junkie.... i'm just lazy I guess and want all my games in one place 🙂

There has been a lot of talk about ME4 being open world/universe so we'll see.... maybe this summers game expos will release some news on it.

ReplyQuote