Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Cellphone and Mobile Device Space Sims List

Page 2 / 3

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Looks good 😀 Slayniac what the difference between this version and the original game. ❓

And can list the features of the game.

ReplyQuote
slayniac
(@slayniac)
Crewman Registered

Here's a feature list:

[*:16xdln0a]Huge galaxy with dozens of solar systems with unique planets and space stations in 3D

[*:16xdln0a]Action-packed battles featuring various primary and secondary weapons and stunning explosions

[*:16xdln0a]Ore mining in hazardous dynamic asteroid fields

[*:16xdln0a]3D map to navigate through solar systems and jump gates to travel fast through the whole galaxy

[*:16xdln0a]Dozens of space ships with plenty of weapons and gadgets to upgrade as well as free trading and production of goods of any kind

[*:16xdln0a]Space lounges to meet streetwise business people, extraordinary aliens and shady clients with lucrative missions

Upcoming Features

[*:16xdln0a]Revised storyline

[*:16xdln0a]Completely new graphics including all new original spaceships and stations for all factions

[*:16xdln0a]Space Camera: Save screenshots to your library or load them up to facebook

[*:16xdln0a]English Voiceover

[*:16xdln0a]Open Feint enabled: Lederboards, achievements, online savegames

[*:16xdln0a]GameCenter enabled

[*:16xdln0a]3D Sound

Basically we did a complete graphics overhaul and revised the gameplay/balancing.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Any plans on releasing this on Android platform Slayniac?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Like the look of the ships in vid any chance of some pics.

The 3d map look good to is similar to the Frontier one.

Will the space lounges be similar to Freelancer ones where you can talk to different factions for jobs.

ReplyQuote
slayniac
(@slayniac)
Crewman Registered

Darkone wrote:
Any plans on releasing this on Android platform Slayniac?

I'm afraid answering this question exceeds my competence 😉

PINBACK wrote:
Like the look of the ships in vid any chance of some pics.

The 3d map look good to is similar to the Frontier one.

Will the space lounges be similar to Freelancer ones where you can talk to different factions for jobs.

You can find some screenshots here.

In the space lounge, players will meet different character of several factions and races. Some will give you jobs, some are trying to sell/buy goods and others just want to chat. Not all of them are fair-minded though.

The factions will play a major role in the gameplay mechanics.

ReplyQuote
lacunaexpanse
(@lacunaexpanse)
Crewman Registered

Hey Darkone,

Could you add our game to your mobile device game list? Here's the basic info below. Thanks!

The Lacuna Expanse (TLE) now has an official iPhone app available in the iTunes App Store. It's free and allows you to play the game on the go! The app is available at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-lacuna-expanse/id396242951?mt=8

For those of you who haven't heard of The Lacuna Expanse, I posted a response to Darkone's thread and included a list of reasons why the game is unique. It's available here:

http://www.spacesimcentral.com/web-browser-based-space-games-f37/the-lacuna-expanse-t1295.html

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

lacunaexpanse, any chance of seeing TLE on the android platform anytime soon?

Quote:
Could you add our game to your mobile device game list?

Done it's in the list on the first post.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

I started playing R-Type Tactics (or R-Type Command) on my PSP. If you like TBS games you are going to love it.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/psp/r-type-command

ReplyQuote
lacunaexpanse
(@lacunaexpanse)
Crewman Registered

Darkone wrote:
lacunaexpanse, any chance of seeing TLE on the android platform anytime soon?

We've had several people request this and I've been told someone in our community is working on a client for Android. Our dev team would but they are currently at capacity for bug fixes and new development on our current web/iPhone platforms)

Anyone who has programming skills can make a client though because the API's in the game are all available/exposed. This has led to lots of people making their own clients and we think Android won't be far off. If you're interested in reading more behind-the-scenes details about the APIs and development, the game has been featured on Perl.com twice with excellent in-depth articles for programmers.

I'll include them here if anyone is a programmer and interested in this game development topic:

"Why Lacuna Expanse is good for perl"

http://blogs.perl.org/users/jt_smith/2010/10/why-the-lacuna-expanse-is-good-for-perl.html

"Colonizing the Lacuna Expanse with Perl"

http://www.perl.com/pub/2010/10/colonizing-the-lacuna-expanse-with-perl.html

Thanks for adding us Darkone!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Star Wars Arcade Falcon Gunner on the iphone more about here.

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2010/11/18/ ... Stories%29

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

I was given an Ipad as a gift, and downloaded a couple of games, including Galaxy of Fire 2. When I have time to play them, I will tell you what I think.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered

http://darknova.net/

How come no Dark Nova? Its the Original Space Trader game, only ported with better gfx (screenshots.) and a new name. I have Space Trader for windows, and love the hell out of it.

So yeah, Dark Nova. 🙂

*EDIT*

Oh. Galaxy on fire 2 is INSANELY addictive. Like, its freelancer in my pocket. 😯 Pretty amazing for an ipod game.

ReplyQuote
Bullwinkle
(@bullwinkle)
Warrant Officer Registered

IronHound wrote:
Galaxy on fire 2 is ... freelancer in my pocket. 😯 Pretty amazing for an ipod game.

Wow, I am absolutely stunned by Galaxy on Fire 2 (GoF2), IronHound. It really, truly is Freelancer... right down to the bar rumors, "We don't really own this place, but we have an agreement with the people who do...". 🙂

But GoF2 is more than Freelancer... it is the game that so many have dreamed of for a sequel. Everything is polished, improved, and enhanced from Freelancer. New and different missions, a mining system that is both fun and profitable, and improved balance throughout. I could go on for several pages about the enhanced detail in GoF2. But, take it from me (a die-hard Freelancer fan), this game is exactly what we have been waiting for.

Ironically, when I first tried GoF2, I quit after a few minutes because I was not comfortable with the accelerometer-as-a-controller style that GoF2 requires. If I could connect a joystick or a mouse to my iPhone, then I would have been more immediately comfortable. But, based on your well-timed message, I tried GoF2 again... and stuck with it for a couple of hours.

The experienced changed my life (well, the gaming side of my life 😉 ). The accelerometer is actually a compact and effective game controller built into the device. It took a few sessions over two days for my muscle-memory to fully adapt. After that, I am a convert.

I could be done playing Freelancer for good now... at least on a regular basis. Galaxy on Fire 2 is the new sheriff in town.

And you don't need a fancy graphics card or console to play it, either. If you already have an iPhone or iPod Touch, then you can have GoF2 in your pocket for a mere $7.

And, if you have been holding out on getting into the iOS world, then Galaxy on Fire 2 could very well be a reason to get an iPhone/iPod. (An embiggened version with higher-res textures is in the works for the iPad).

Wow! 😀

ReplyQuote
DragonWolf
(@dragonwolf)
Petty Officer Registered

humm... not to be a bother, but you should separate the links into groups, like links for mobiles (nokias, sonyericson,etc), ipod/phone/pad, pocket pc, nds, PSP

that would be nice 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I will try to do something like this when I create the wiki for this type of thing. And then I will let the users update and make changes for me 🙂

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

Quote:
And, if you have been holding out on getting into the iOS world, then Galaxy on Fire 2 could very well be a reason to get an iPhone/iPod. (An embiggened version with higher-res textures is in the works for the iPad).

Wow!

I totally agree. And the iPad version is even better. (Although it reminds me more of "Tachyon:The Fringe", than Freelancer).

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Shamelessly copied from the blur on Youtube.

Valkyrie, the first official add-on to Galaxy on Fire 2, is finally coming to iPhone and iPad on April 28th 2011 and to Android and Nokia high-end smartphones later this year. All space ship footage captured from in-game graphics and showing original gameplay. The Valkyrie add-on offers a thrilling new storyline along with plenty of new spaceships, weapons, and equipment.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

AcesHigh wrote:
Space Trader for PocketPC (basically the same thing as the Palm version. So, if you have a cellphone based on PocketPC, or a PalmTreo, GET THIS GAME. Its simple but fun.)

That looks awesome, no Im not being sarcastic 🙂 Its a shame its only on the pocketPC.... Thats the sort of game I would play on a phone.

Theres quite a large list here, can anyone recommend anything in particular for Android phones?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

New Dangerous Trailer

Nemesis

A 3D shooter, just spotted it when I looking at the Dangerous vids. Not much info about it.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Cheers, btw the game is not free on the Android market, couldn't find a demo unfortunately.

Although after finding a decent version of Dosbox with onscreen buttons and a virtual keyboard I have no shortage of games to mess about with 🙂

http://anddev.at.ua/load/emulators/dosbox_0_74/2-1-0-12

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Star Battalions

From the web site blur

Ruled by the charismatic and just leader, Atreus, the Republic of Atrusia spread an unparalleled peace across the galaxy that was expected to last a millennia… which is exactly why the coup caught them so off-guard. Overthrown by his treacherous brother, Taros, Atreus was imprisoned and a new age of oppression and militarism was ushered in. Now, the few remaining forces loyal to Atreus set off on one last desperate campaign to restore the Republic. But even they had no idea just how dark Taros’s plans were.

http://www.starbattalion.com/

Boy there a lot these games coming out the phones

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Elite clone for android phone, WIP video and not much else know about.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

The Infinite Black

A free online multiplayer space combat and exploration game for Android 2 and up,

Quote:
Choose the path of humble space trader, intergalactic warrior, or corporate overlord! You have complete control over your destiny!

Upgrade and customise over 10 different unique ship templates!

Fight your way through a hostile galaxy populated by thousands of other players, aliens, pirates, and more!

Join up with friends to form powerful Galactic Corporations and battle it out for control of rare planets, resources, and shipping lanes!

Run missions, terraform planets, harvest resources, dispatch fighters, hunt down bounties, colonise a planet... The possibilities for fun and adventure are endless!

Web site

http://whalesonggames.forumotion.com/

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Drifter

Game in development from Celsius for the Iphone/pod

Based on Frontier/privateer and climes to a 100.000 light years of space to explore.

news from Touch Arcade

http://toucharcade.com/2011/09/27/red-n ... e-drifter/

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Mars Defender a sort of asteroids game with a bit more story to it.

Available for the Iphone, Ipadand Android.

Website.

http://www.psychicsoftware.com/MarsDefender/

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3