robske
(@robske)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

An augmented reality game. Enough said?

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

I don't even know what i just watched, but it looks damn good.

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)
Topic starter  

It is damn fun 🙂

And for me an extra excuse to leave my gaming cave temple.

Here's pretty much my turf:

(as you can see, I play the blue faction, known as resistance).

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

This does look interesting, are those people in your pic robske or is that like nodes or something you have found and do you have to like roam around to find this. Make sure you look up and don't get hit by a car 🙂 and does it track people that are playing this as well so you can interact with them? I will have to look into this, I think I am one of the few that don't have a smart phone but I do have a tablet but that won't help when I loose my wireless.

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)
Topic starter  

This does look interesting, are those people in your pic robske or is that like nodes or something you have found and do you have to like roam around to find this. Make sure you look up and don't get hit by a car 🙂 and does it track people that are playing this as well so you can interact with them? I will have to look into this, I think I am one of the few that don't have a smart phone but I do have a tablet but that won't help when I loose my wireless.

Another one here. I raided the remaining points with someone else today. Those locations are the so called 'portals', which you have to get within x meters to claim them.

You are not able to see people on the map, you need to look around you.

And yes, you have to roam around irl, so no lazy sitting on your chair if you want to play 😉

In the chat you see some other people, but most interaction in the game is done through google hangouts.

If you have GPS and interwebs connection, then you can play. Usually burger bars also have wifi and usually have some of those 'portals' nearby.

One thing I like a lot of the game is that it encourages teamwork and heavily discourages noobbashing. Higher level players are encouraged to help newer players since it will help them a lot in the long run.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Haven't tried this but will put this on my phone, totally forgot to check back up on this one after it was released.... guess this is what Pokemon Go ripped off 🙂

https://www.ingress.com/

ReplyQuote
MetalGrootvader
(@metalgrootvader)
Crewman Registered

Haven't tried this but will put this on my phone, totally forgot to check back up on this one after it was released.... guess this is what Pokemon Go ripped off 🙂

https://www.ingress.com/

I was talking to a couple that play Ingress. They were part of the Beta helpers for Pokemon Go and they used all the local Ingress spots and submitted them for PG. You can even see their dog in a couple of Pokestop pix lol.

ReplyQuote