Notifications
Clear all

Nexus 2 is coming

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Just found some great news and I made a blog post on it here: http://spacesimcentral.com/?p=452

Looks like it is finally going to happen and expect it near holiday season of 2012. And what I liked most is that it is the original team working on the sequel.

Who says space games are dying 😉

Anonymous

Finally! Wohoo!!! I can't wait 😀

Quote:
Additional planetary systems offer fresh battlefield environments, and new strategic problems to wrestle with

Sounds interesting 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I'm not sure about the $400k goal for the project that if they don't meet it what would happen? But roughly $20 for the completed game isn't a bad deal at all. I will probably wait a bit to donate to see if they reveal what is in the Limited Edition version of the game?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Never played it so I don’t know about buying into any squeals, especial as theirs no guarantee of it ever being released.

I see the special edition start at €50 for the physical editions.

http://www.games-plant.com/nexus2/

ReplyQuote
BrianRubin
(@brianrubin)
Senior Chief Registered

I am so, so excited about this. Donated 20 Euros, will donate more as I can.

ReplyQuote
Hawat
(@hawat)
Crewman Registered

DarkOne wrote:
I'm not sure about the $400k goal for the project that if they don't meet it what would happen? But roughly $20 for the completed game isn't a bad deal at all. I will probably wait a bit to donate to see if they reveal what is in the Limited Edition version of the game?

They only seem to charge your paypal account if the funding goal is reached. Here is the quote from their site.

Quote:
Important! Your PayPal account will only be charged if the funding goal is reached before end of the countdown.

ReplyQuote
numidianian
(@numidianian)
Petty Officer Registered

I was just about to make a post about it. But it is good everybody already knows

DarkOne wrote:
Looks like it is finally going to happen and expect it near holiday season of 2012. And what I liked most is that it is the original team working on the sequel.

OH, GODS!!! THIS IS AWESOMELY AWESOME AWESOMENESS!!!

I'm making the first preorder in my life as soon as it is possible and just try somebody to stop me!

I think we should not only donate, but put all our efforts into promoting this news.

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

this is good news, injoyed the frist game alot thanks darkone 😉

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Can’t remember if this has been posted before but it a rather nice tec demo.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I post that video in another nexus post a while back. I know they still have roughly 6 more months of the funding drive but they are only 9% to their goal which is concerning to me.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

400.000 euros is a lot although probably very small by commercial game budgets.

They had some exposure on RPS the other day so it may start creeping up.

ReplyQuote
Kaesho
(@kaesho)
Petty Officer Registered

I really and truly hope that they make the money raised for the game, but as of this post they are only 15% towards their goal and only a very short 94 days left of donation time before they possibly have to scrap the dream of making it. Times like this make me wish I was rich so I could privately fund a game company like this 😐

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

they were up to about 50.000 euros last time I looked, but getting that 400,000 is going to be hard going.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

They are just over the 100.000 Euros now but only 59 days to go.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

100k euros isn't that bad but I always thought getting to 400k was going to be a tough feat. Personally they should try to find a publisher like Iceberg Interactive or the folks that publish Distant Worlds and others. I think doing a bit more viral advertising on youtube and gametrailers would help as well perk interest and donators. I just don't want to see the project die if the goal isn't met.

ReplyQuote
Hawat
(@hawat)
Crewman Registered

I m not sure but isn't marix game, the one publishing distant worlds?

It looks like they are doing mostly old style games and almost none of their game has the kind of budget that was used in nexus.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Nexus 2 looks to have failed to reach it funding goal.

Maybe they should have used kickstarter as Tim Schafer managed to get over a million for his new game.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/667 ... ref=search

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Anyone know what their total was? They don't show it on that webpage. I agree Pinback they should have used Kickstarter, just for the simple fact that if you have donated to a game before and it emails you like games that get added to their system. They actually advertise the donation system for them in a way. Maybe they will make another to get the rest of the money, or get a publisher. Only time will tell.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

About 124,000 euros according to one comment.

ReplyQuote