Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Petition for Nexus: The Jupiter Incident 2

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Hey Everyone

I found this when surfing the net and I am currently play Nexus and loving the game it is a shame they didn't sell that many copies 😥

Because a sequel was in the works and a tech demo was published a little while back showing the improvements and OMG does it look good. But the game was canceled. If we can do anything to get this one published it would be a great win because it would be a shame to see a game like this fade away with it never gracing a home users PC screen.

Tech Demo:

Sign the petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/nexus_2/petition.html

Its at over 2700 signatures right now.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Well this petition is going slow but up to 3100+ people. If you haven't signed it yet please do and maybe just maybe with enough support from the community another will be released. This tech demo was done a few years ago just imagine what they could do with today's graphics cards... 🙂

Show your support in another way and just purchase the original, they have it on Steam for $9.99.

ReplyQuote
LtBlack
(@ltblack)
Petty Officer Registered

~S~

Done 🙂 But cant find the game in my collection 🙁

Gone out to find it heheheh later

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Definitely need to try the first one and I am slowly uploading the mods that work and are pretty complete. And with that Nexus Skirmish tool you can make your own missions. So there is a lot of re-playability.

I think Steam has it for $9.99 but you can usually pick it up cheap on Ebay for the people that like CD/DVD copies like me 🙂

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

What a glorious demo! It's about time devs started paying attention to realism in their space games. I think we're all a little tired by the neon lit gas clouds filling space in every direction. How about we get the chance to dog-fight over a Martian sunrise, thin bands of harsh, rose-coloured light washing across the rusty landscape...

But I digress.

I played Nexus for while but got frustrated by how long combat took (I see there's a Balance Mod for that now) and eventually by the intricacies of fleet tactics. I'm fine with one ship against multiple assailants but give me several to watch out for and my poor brain runs and hides, leaving my big toes and thumbs to make the decisions! 😕

Still, those mods look like fun. Time to get myself another copy, methinks. 🙂

ReplyQuote
spelk
(@spelk)
Petty Officer Registered

Signed, the world needs big spaceship battlers, and Nexus is about the only decent one.. a sequel would be most appreciated.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I know Spelk, its a shame dev time takes so much money. Sometimes with this day and age all games should be distributed via the net to cut costs. And this way prices could drop for the game itself. Nexus with the mods is really a nice getaway from the normal space games.

I really have some hope for space-rpg-rts-f50/star-wolves-civil-war-t449.html in creating the same environment as Nexus. But have to admit even though that proof of concept on Nexus II video is still some stunning stuff 3+ years later.

ReplyQuote
Toimu
(@toimu)
Crewman Registered

I owned this game a few years ago! I would outfit my smallest/fastest ships with a nuke. At the start of a battle, they would fly to a large ship and hit them with a nuke before the ships went up! Then the rest of my ships would clean up. Game was pretty hard still though.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Should try playing some of the mods out there Toimu.

ReplyQuote
Gargantou
(@gargantou)
Petty Officer Registered

Sadly the developer was 'bought' by Eidos, and is now a part of Eidos Hungary.

Here is their most recent game, http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/strateg ... index.html

Which is a very fun game I'll admit.

Actually, if they did a Battlestations like space game, it'd probably be very popular.:)

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Didn't know they were bought by Eidos. Wonder if Eidos owns the rights to the Nexus property as well? Because maybe there could be a chance of it seeing the light of day. Especially is all the space MMO's and some of the newer space games really make people look at space games a lot for mainstream gaming.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Hasent Eidos now been bought by Square Enix ❓

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Dark One

Signed the petition, I have the original game on steam. The demo looked fab. I do hope they will reconsider doing a sequel.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

What always amazed me about the tech demo is that is a few years old using DX9. Just image what they could do with DX11 or OpenGL 3.0? 😮

I would really like to see this game come back because it is a great game that just didn't get the notice and advertising to sell enough to make a sequel.

ReplyQuote
TE5LA
(@te5la)
Crewman Registered

I just signed the petition, number 3958.

Imagine if they would revive Nexus 2 and make it into an MMO? It could give Eve a run for its money.

Nexus has no master server anymore. I am trying to start a network using Hamachi for Nexus. Download free Hamachi client and join a network named "Nexus Reborn".  Pass it along, maybe we can revive this great game!

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Indeed Nexus was one of the best games I ever played however chances for Nexus 2 to see the light of the day are ..... well .... 0 % ! Sadly these petitions are useless, look at Freelancer for that matter.

ReplyQuote
TE5LA
(@te5la)
Crewman Registered

I have created new forums exclusively for Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. All are welcome and urged to join. I am also running an Hamachi server by the same name as the forums:

Nexus Reborn

I am also allowing mod teams for Nexus to have their own forums category at Nexus Reborn. Please read the post in the forum for more information:

Nexus Reborn Forums

http://nexusreborn.ath.cx

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Your forum looks cool man. Good luck with your project !

ReplyQuote
Cheator
(@cheator)
Crewman Registered

4300... not nearly enough

Such a shame

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

It's too bad that the source code from the tech demo of Nexus II was never released to the community. Shame to see a good engine go to waste. But with all the space games coming out and if they have some success we might see this project get another thought.

ReplyQuote
Cheator
(@cheator)
Crewman Registered

Another thought from who? Afaik the developer is now history

Which makes me wonder, this petition addresses who exactly?

And who owns the IP of the game and the Black Sun engine? Vivendi? SquareEnix?

ReplyQuote