Here is what TotalBiscuit had to say:

<grins> Here's what Half Man Half Biscuit had to say:

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

haha Cody, looks like you need beer to enjoy NMS apparently. Think it would be getting better reviews with half man half biscuit as the soundtrack.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered

I now have a new power supply of 500W together with a fresh new NVidia GeForce GTX 960 4GB RAM. I swear: it's not because of NMS alone, I want to enjoy some space games titles here which rate very high in my mood and I want to play all of them @ 1920x1080 (or with HDMI @ 1080p), NMS is only 1 of them. After going through the installation of my new material, + the newest drivers etc.  I will report my experience with NMS. I'm not too optimistic...Let's see.

XenonS

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I now have a new power supply of 500W together with a fresh new NVidia GeForce GTX 960 4GB RAM. I swear: it's not because of NMS alone, I want to enjoy some space games titles here which rate very high in my mood and I want to play all of them @ 1920x1080 (or with HDMI @ 1080p), NMS is only 1 of them. After going through the installation of my new material, + the newest drivers etc.  I will report my experience with NMS. I'm not too optimistic...Let's see.

XenonS

I'm running NMS on a NVidia GeForce GTX 960 4GB RAM and I had no problem with it running in 1920x1080 (sadly this is limit of monitor). Did have micro shutters which I believe has been fixed in a small patch. There is still some poping of the terrain on planets but nothing that I call game stopping. And yes do put on the latest drivers, that is a must.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)

Hi leondhay,

thanks for the good news. Can you tell me: Does your card has 2 times 6-pin connectors (PCI-Express connectors) plugged to your power supply? I have bought a power supply that comes only with 1 connection to such 6-pins.

I will have to change the Power Supply anyway because it has a 20-pin connection to the motherboard instead of needed 24-pin. So, apart from that, I wonder if I need a PSU with 2x such 6-pin connectors.

[EDIT]

I have googled for the problem, the answer is an absolute YES, both for a power supply with 24-pins AND 2x additional 6-pins power connctors for the card.

Gee, the size of these cards... Just 1,5 cm between the ventilators and the box's ground... I'm at the limit...

Thanks,

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

An old memory of tech stuff related to GPUs and PSUs prompts me to say check the required amperage too.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Hi leondhay,

thanks for the good news. Can you tell me: Does your card has 2 times 6-pin connectors (PCI-Express connectors) plugged to your power supply? I have bought a power supply that comes only with 1 connection to such 6-pins.

I will have to change the Power Supply anyway because it has a 20-pin connection to the motherboard instead of needed 24-pin. So, apart from that, I wonder if I need a PSU with 2x such 6-pin connectors.

[EDIT]

I have googled for the problem, the answer is an absolute YES, both for a power supply with 24-pins AND 2x additional 6-pins power connctors for the card.

Gee, the size of these cards... Just 1,5 cm between the ventilators and the box's ground... I'm at the limit...

Thanks,

XenonS

Yes you need 2 6-pin to the card. I had brought myself a really nice modular type PSU  (Corsair AX860 860W 80+ Platinum Modular Power Supply). Yes I was surprised by card size also. Just imagine SLI 2 cards???

When I was putting my PC together. I was continuously pull out my Liquid CPU Cooler Radiator to get the power cable to fit. Pain full. Check it out 

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)

Thanks, I will have to exchange my PSU with one having right connectors. Also at longer term my whole computer frame box is to be changed, because all components are much too close together, the computer modell was not constructed with a possible  material upgrade in mind, they want to get money...known story...

Thanks,

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Fractal Design make nice cases - great airflow, low noise! <hugs case>

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
McAule
(@mcaule)
Master Chief Registered

4 experimental updates made the performance better already for some people.

ReplyQuote