Notifications
Clear all

No Mans Sky - Beyond

Page 1 / 2

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

This is the next update to NMS that will be coming out this summer, it will be free to existing owners of the game and it looks like it is going to have more multiplayer features and some other features not mentioned yet.

I will tip the hat to Hello Games for the support around their game and listening to the players. I think this game is getting close to what I imagined it to be back in 2016. I hope to pick this up during the Steam sale happening in the summer.

Original post: https://www.nomanssky.com/2019/03/no-mans-sky-beyond/

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Some what disappointed by this as I have no interest in the online nonsense and was hopping to see some improvements to the space mechanics of the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

They said online was just one of the major updates to the game so maybe they will be fixing some of your concerns with the game... Do I personally care about online play, not really. That's not a huge selling point for me, I would like to see more world interaction if that makes sense and maybe they already have it.... but would like to see more quests that could take you to various places that promotes exploration.

Like quests that make you get involved with other races like making a decision to help or not to help and have there be a consequence in your decision.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Looks like the next big thing coming to NMS - Beyond is VR

ReplyQuote
SpaceCaptain
(@spacecaptain)
Petty Officer Registered

I'm ready to get dizzy in NMS VR. The Beyond update seems to be even better as days go by.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Nice, been thinking about getting some jam jars.

I have read that their is still one more big announcement to come, here's hoping they do something with the space section of the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Yeah that's 2 out of 3 big things they said was coming.... lets hope they saved the best for last. Its on sale right now on Steam i have been pondering to pick up NMS or wait for Summer or Xmas sale.

The VR update is meh for me since I don't have VR but I could see how that could really be fun and immersive.

I am interested in more depth on the online/MMO component to the game on what you can and cannot do to affect the galaxy, etc...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Never seen it on sale for less than 50 percent off and don't think it will be going any lower this year.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Article from PC Gamer https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/no-mans-sky-vr-hands-on/ about the upcoming VR update but it mentions in passing that they have made the aliens in the space station move around, now here hoping that they give each race their own distinct station interiors.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Think I will turn my updates for NMS off till I know that the game still retain the option to turn the multiplayer features off.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Oh I didn't think about that, because steam does show tags for MP and MMO. I would hope that they would have separate servers for the MP/MMO play.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

New trailer that seems to show mostly multiplayer gameplay, NMS is on sale right now on steam btw... I have to admit this trailer looks great! Nice job Hello Games.

ReplyQuote
SpaceCaptain
(@spacecaptain)
Petty Officer Registered

It's on sale on GOG as well!

I agree. The trailer looks really nice!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Vid here from the man himself talking about all three updates, sound like you will still be able to turn the multiplayer features off, but does not say so out right in the vid.
Also talks about the 3rd part of the update which seems to be expanding on the core features and updating the game to version 2. no mention of doing anything with the space sections of the game which still remain the worst part of the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

After listening to that I just might pickup NMS while its on sale this week on Steam. I did like the fact that I read that they optimized NMS to use Vulkan so my Vega 64 should work well this I hope. I don't own VR and that feature doesn't really interest me much anyway.... but it really sounds like they are doing the little things, and that type of detail is what keeps you playing.

Here was a nice article I came across as well:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/08/sean-murray-tells-us-nearly-everything-to-expect-in-no-mans-sky-beyond/

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

I did like the fact that I read that they optimized NMS to use Vulkan so my Vega 64 should work well this I hope.

I think they are going to add Vulkan support, with the "Beyond" update. It's only available as a beta Steam version . On the other hand I am very interested in the VR update. I recently bought a PS4VR on sale, and I was blown away. (I even manged to connect it to PC, for Subnautica and X-Rebirth VR!!!)

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Oh, thanks for the heads up CaptainKal. Will probably pick this up at Xmas time once I know Vulcan is fully in the game and no beta. My daughter just recently purchased a Oculus and she will bring it up next time she is here so I can give it a spin. I hope I don't get a headache using it... I could imagine that NMS looks just great with VR and feeling more immersed into the game.

ReplyQuote
SpaceCaptain
(@spacecaptain)
Petty Officer Registered

You might get dizzy while using the VR first few times, but it's enjoyable once you get used to it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Just bought a PS4 Pro with the intension of getting the VR headset for it later in the year, nice to know it can be used on the PC as well.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

You might get dizzy while using the VR first few times, but it’s enjoyable once you get used to it.

Just bought a PS4 Pro with the intension of getting the VR headset for it later in the year, nice to know it can be used on the PC as well.

It's no match for a Steam Index, but it's a nice little extra. I used "iVRy Driver for SteamVR", to connect it to PC.

I even flown a SU-25 in DCS World with it!!! It's the only time, it made me a little dizzy!!!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Cheers CaptainKal will check out the drivers when I get the VR goggles.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

and as usually with such a big update , lots of hotfixes, I've just suspended the update until it all settles down, looks like a lot of it to do with this Vulcan.

First it was open GL, now's it Vulcan 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Yeah but when they nail down all the bugs NMS will be so much better running on Vulcan. Because overall it handles CPU/GPU operations more efficiently than OpenGL and DirectX. But tip of the hat to Hello Games for putting in the effort to integrate it.

I think I will be finally picking this up at Xmas, because everything should be stable by then. But it is looking good, I hope they have more space action in the game because that is rarely shown in all of the videos I have seen most of all them concentrate on planet side functions.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Wow its impressive to see Hello Games releasing 7 patches fixing issues since the release of Beyond expansion, amazing support there (thumbs up).

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2