Notifications
Clear all

Announcing Oolite 1.76.1

JazHaz
(@jazhaz)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Oolite 1.76.1 is now available from Oolite.org. This is a bug-fix update to Oolite 1.76. It does not add new features.

Changes since version 1.76:

• Fixed potential bug loading player with no mission_variables dictionary.
  • player.ship.launch() can now also be used within the shipWillDockWithStation and the shipDockedWithStation handler without side effects.
  • Ships that have a specific commodity defined as cargo, no longer get their bounty reduced to 10% when the pilot ejects.
  • The scoop icon now correctly shows a full cargo hold when special cargo is transported.
  • Fixed a problem with the shipyard screen when a ship with chance=1 defined non-installed optional equipment.
  • Don't disgorge and revive dead ships from wormholes.
  • 32-bit GL contexts are now strongly preferred on SDL systems, with 16-bit fallback.
  • Fixed weapon facing not resetting to forward view when launching from station.
  • takeSnapShot() is excluded from the JavaScript time limiter.
  • Added code to prevent overcorrection pitch and roll with low frame rates. Should lower the chance of ships jumping between two headings, without proceeding.
  • weapon_range and weapon_energy keys in the turret subentity declaration now work as intended. Values are maximised at 7500 and 100 respectively.
  • Buggy consoleMessage() behaviour when called from JS debug console has been rectified.
  • JS debug console macros are saved when Oolite exits to desktop in all platforms, as originally intended.
  • Regression fix: in the log, the searchPaths.dumpAll is shown once every time searchPaths change (strict/unrestricted mode).
  • No more negative ship distances, see http://aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=11785
  • Fix for guiScreenWillChange for system data screen not firing when double clicking on systems.
  • Fixed crash with malformed gui declarations inside hud plists.
  • Fixed timer related crashes.
  • The Windows Oolite executable is now large address aware, allowing for more than 2GB of memory to be allocated to the game.
  • Fix for bug where standard subentities defined after any turret subentity would exhibit turret behaviour.
  • Savefiles with wrong passengers and/or passengers berths data are now handled a bit better.
  • Fix bug where equipment depending on currently damaged equipment would be silently removed from the player's ship on game load.
  • Target system memory expansion doesn't try to restore locks on cloaked ships anymore.
  • Fixed bug with resetting of passenger contracts on ship change.
  • Fixed Nav Array not showing distance and time information when target system was selected by using the Find Planet method.
  • Frame Callbacks now transfer the correct time difference when timeAccelerationFactor is active.
  • The available_to_all key is now also respected by JS methods that add equipment.
  • Improved the docking approach when arriving from the backside of a station.
  • Fixed fuel scoops sound loop issue, discussed in http://www.aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11611
  • Fixed intermittent crash on missile removal.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Congrats on the bug fixes, to me most times this a lot more important than any new content. Any patches/releases that make the core game more stable and less bug free the better I say.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

DarkOne wrote:
... a lot more important than any new content. Any patches/releases that make the core game more stable and less bug free the better I say.

Yep! Their Lordships at the Admiralty are pretty damn smart!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
pagroove
(@pagroove)
Master Chief Registered

Is anyone running a nightly build too? I do sometimes a trunk install to see what new features there are. Especially looking forward to the new planetary rendering options.

ReplyQuote
JazHaz
(@jazhaz)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
pagroove wrote:
Is anyone running a nightly build too? I do sometimes a trunk install to see what new features there are. Especially looking forward to the new planetary rendering options.

Yes, I'm using 1.77.4999 from Sunday 10th June. I can say that Povray Planets OXP doesn't work on it, planets are just grey circles, but not tried removing it yet. I do like the gamma adjustment in Options.

I was mostly playing with the new Ship storage and resprays OXPs. They are great. Still works in progress though.

ReplyQuote
Straker
(@straker)
Senior Chief Registered

Can oolite use multiple monitors?

ReplyQuote
DizietSma
(@dizietsma)
Petty Officer Registered

Not to the best of my knowledge.  Although I often have Oolite on one monitor and one of ClymAngus' excellent vector maps of the galaxy that I'm in up on the other monitor.

ReplyQuote
pagroove
(@pagroove)
Master Chief Registered

As far as I know: no. I did a forum search at oolite.org on this subject last night. Couldn't find anything. May I suggest you ask this quesition to Cim @ the Oolite Forums. Or we could ask for you? 

ReplyQuote
Straker
(@straker)
Senior Chief Registered

pagroove,

If you could ask on my behalf then that would be greatly appreciated.

ReplyQuote
pagroove
(@pagroove)
Master Chief Registered

Hi Straker.

Will do.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

The wisdom/answers so far are here, Straker.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Straker
(@straker)
Senior Chief Registered

Thargoid answered my question with 'You can't display different views across multiple monitors'.

Thankyou Cody.

ReplyQuote
DizietSma
(@dizietsma)
Petty Officer Registered

What exactly did you have in mind by "different views"?  I've just now discovered that Oolite is perfectly happy to run in 2560x1024 displayed across two monitors, with no additional gear required.  More details in the discussion linked above.

oolite-623.png

Photo0346.jpg

ReplyQuote
pagroove
(@pagroove)
Master Chief Registered

That's great Dizzy!

ReplyQuote
DizietSma
(@dizietsma)
Petty Officer Registered

Yep.. combat takes a little getting used to.. a pair of identical slim-frame monitors would help a lot, I'm sure.  But I'm very glad that those who said full-screen was single-monitor only turned out to be wrong!

ReplyQuote