(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Microbes on Venus? Who knows...

Oolite Naval Attaché

CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

In fact Venus, is more hospitable that many think. In certain altitudes above the surface, pressure and temperature are very similar to earth, and the presence of atmosphere, protects from solar and cosmic radiation. If you have a "floating" platform to stand, you can live wearing only breathing aparatus.

ReplyQuote
Gaius Konstantine
(@gaius-konstantine)
Warrant Officer Reporter

Posted by: @cody

Microbes on Venus?

Fascinating isn't it?

Posted by: @captainkal

. If you have a "floating" platform to stand, you can live wearing only breathing aparatus.

Visions of cloud city in my head. Floating habitats has been proposed by a number of scientists as a more viable way to colonise the planet... though I would hate to be on one in case of power failure.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @gaius-konstantine

Visions of cloud city in my head.

Cloudbase?

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Looks like Rocket Lab have a small-payload mission in the works for Venus (2023). That'd be cool!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
TommyJ
(@tommyj)
Petty Officer Registered

The discovery of phosphine on Venus has caused a lot of resonance in the scientific community, as this gas may indicate the presence of life high in the clouds of this planet.
But the concentration of the substance was too high.
Scientists have rejected the possibility of phosphine in the atmosphere of Venus. The substance that was mistaken for phosphine turned out to be sulfur dioxide.

ReplyQuote