DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Game: Armored Core: For Answer

Released: 9/2008

Players: 1 (1-6 online)

Trophies: No

Yeah I know this isn't a Space Sim but it is the only thing close of the PS3 to one. It's a shame this game type isn't being worked on that I know of on the PS3 only thing I can think of is Hawx and that's a fighter jet game.

Well on to Armored Core. This series has been around for quite sometime and has done pretty well in the past. Basically you are a Mech that has to take on countless enemies and big behemoth stations and bosses. I know for me the levels could be more colorful they look a little bland to me. From what I have read from some reviews the story levels are pretty short and the game can be frustrating to people that do not know how to configure their Mech before they go into battle.

Here is a video on the game:

Shant
(@shant)
Warrant Officer Registered

I'm a die hard of this series. You mentioned modular ship systems. Well this is about as modular as it gets. If you're anything like me you'll spend several hours messing with your mech & swapping out new parts for every hour you actually spend flying it. There are literally hundreds of weapons/parts. There are even laser blades for melee combat. Usually the most dangerous guys online are the ones who have double blades, one in each hand, and know how to use them.

The huge boss battles (some of them are the size of aircraft carriers) are great. There's online coop and pvp. I couldn't even begin to count how many hours I've spent playing this game and it never gets old. No matter how much time I've put into my mech, it always seems to still be possible to make it a 'little' bit better, though admittedly now I have to spend a few hours of experimentation just to get a .1% increase in my stats.

Anyone into space sims, has a ps3, and likes to build stuff, this game is an absolute must.

ReplyQuote