Notifications
Clear all

C64 Releasing in Dec

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Looks like the C64 Mini they released a while back did great and they decided to just bring back the original size version. Looks like it is updated and has 64 preloaded games. You do have access to the C64 and Vic20 basic modes so you could possibly access media not already on the system. I would be interested if it would play all the C64 backups you can find everywhere on the web? Now this is something I might buy, emulation just isn't the same sometimes.... just as long as they don't bring back the tape deck I will be fine with that 😉

http://www.indieretronews.com/2019/06/the-c64-mini-is-going-large-full-sized.html

Topic Tags
C64
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
The World's Best-Selling Home Computer - Reborn, Again…

The C64 is back, this time full-sized with a working keyboard for the dedicated retro home-computer fan. Featuring three switchable modes - C64, VIC 20, and Games Carousel. Connect to any modern TV via HDMI for crisp 720p HD visuals, at 60 Hz or 50 Hz. An updated joystick, now featuring micro switches, companions the hardware making the included games even more fun than ever.

The Games Carousel has 64 pre-installed games including classics such as California Games, Paradroid and Boulder Dash, with new additions like Attack of the Mutant Camels, Hover Bovver, Iridis Alpha, and Gridrunner. Topped off with the recently released shoot ’em up Galencia and text adventure Planet of Death to let you relive the glory days of true keyboard gaming! Plus, THE C64 allows you to load and save your own files and games via USB stick (including multi-disk titles) and program in C64 or VIC 20 BASIC.

GAMES LIST
Alleykat, Anarchy, Attack of the Mutant Camels, Avenger, Battle Valley, Bear Bovver, Boulder Dash, Bounder, California Games, Chips Challenge, Confuzion, Cosmic Causeway, Cyberdyne Warrior, Cybernoid II, Deflektor, Destroyer, Everyone’s a Wally, Firelord, Galencia, Gateway to Apshai, Gribbly’s Day Out, Gridrunner (VIC 20), Heartland, Herobotix, Highway Encounter, Hover Bovver, Impossible Mission, Impossible Mission II, IO, Iridis Alpha, Jumpman, Mega Apocalypse, Mission AD, Monty Mole, Monty on the Run, Nebulus, Netherworld, Nodes of Yesod, Paradroid, Pitstop II, Planet of Death, Psychedelia (VIC 20), Ranarama, Robin of the Wood, Silicon Warrior, Skate Crazy, Speedball 2, Spindizzy, Steel, Street Sports Baseball, Street Sports Basketball, Summer Games II (includes Summer Games events), Super Cycle, Sword of Fargoal, Temple of Apshai Trilogy, The Arc of Yesod, Thing Bounces Back, Thing on a Spring, Trailblazer, Uridium, Who Dares Wins II, Winter Games, World Games, Zynaps

KEY FEATURES
• Connect to a 720p TV or monitor via HDMI for a stunning HD experience.
• Choose from various display options, including a CRT filter.
• Save your progress at any time.
• Via USB, add your own games/programs*, update the firmware*, and connect your own devices.
• Functions like an original C64 or VIC 20 computer, or play any of the included 64 games in the Games Carousel.

* USB memory stick required (NOT supplied)

Here is all the info I could find

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

No Elite? 🤨 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

With access to the OS we should be able to put games on a USB and run them from command line, so my initial take is that we can play any game because there is a bunch of games not on this by default that I would love to play again.

Looks like this came out in the UK already and more of a larger launch in Dec.

This post was modified 4 years ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@sscadmin

For sure D1, it would be totally possible to fit every C64 game ever made onto a USB stick these days. Don't get me wrong, there are some good games there it comes bundled with, but there are also some great games that are missing too. Such games, apart from Elite, that spring to mind are R-Type, Asteroids, heck even Space Invaders! All massive back in the day. Still, it's a worthy effort and good to see these back in the shops again. Will look a bit strange though without Sinclair Spectrums competing alongside them or big banners proclaiming:

Coming Soon, The All New Amiga From Commodore!

Pre-order yours now! 🤩 

Ahh.....I guess the mid 80s will be with me until my last days. 😋 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Found this review on youtube, I like what I see so far

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Do like the look of this but I never owned a C64 so I will probably just stick to emulators.

ReplyQuote