Notifications
Clear all

DirectX12 Ultimate

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

This is coming but hasn't been implemented as of yet with the graphics card manufacturers. Hopefully this might be a flash or driver update but I think for older gfx card holders we may need to upgrade next year to take advantage of the gfx that are being shown in these games. So I doubt my Vega64 will be compatible with it. It sounds like it will be in the next gen gfx cards (like xbox series x) and the cards coming out this year.

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/announcing-directx-12-ultimate/

Topic Tags
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

As a stick-in-the-mud Win7 user, my only fear is if someone creates The Game - a real humdinger of a single-player game, that requires DX12 and consequently WX. But I somehow doubt that'll happen, and my current build will see me out.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@cody

There are always Linux options Cody and they won't be far behind anything Microsoft brings out. In fact, in many ways, Linux is already ahead of Windows.

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered

Posted by: @cody

and my current build will see me out.

Tsss... Captain Cody your order of battle for today is to order a new one!

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

My order of battle for today was finding fresh meat.

Besides, I've only recently built my new machine.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered

Posted by: @cody

My order of battle for today was finding fresh meat.

Sure sorry 😐 
I switched to a "flexitarian" diet a while ago. Must admit I was not expecting this would also help in times of crisis: not many people are panic-buying lentils... yet! 😋 

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Yet! <chortles> I like lentils, especially as tarka dal. I also like pinto beans, of which I have a good stash.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I totally forgot about Linux gaming @Pinback, you do bring up a good point that this usually gets ported to linux eventually and from what I have read in the past gaming on Linux is quiet good when developers port the game over too it. I didn't want to mess with emulation at all so I am still on windows. Yeah Windows 10, isn't too bad to be honest. In the 8yrs I have been using it I have never had a blue screen not one time, I have had troubles however trying to run older games at times.

I believe the new xbox will be running windows 10 as well so I think MSoft think it is solid enough to make it the OS for a console.... so we will see what the future brings. I do hope DirectX12 ultimate features could be turned on via driver update but I doubt it highly because thats how the gfx card companies stay in business. But I will stay with my Vega64 least for another 2yrs then upgrade when my PC is over 5yro

ReplyQuote