Notifications
Clear all

FarCry 4

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Looking forward to seeing this as enjoyed playing 3 and have just bought 2 although I am going to wait a month after it release just in case, been screwed before by the triple A crap.

CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

The uncanny resemblance of Pagan Min and Basilios Kostetsos (a greek fashion designer and former socialite)      

%CE%B2%CE%B1%CF%83%CE%B7+%CE%BA%CF%89%CF

ReplyQuote
ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)
Warrant Officer Registered

Not really too keen on buying 4 now, but looking forward to playing 3 on my new GTX980 with with my new Haswell-E 5930k.  Only one card, but according to benchmarks I'll get a solid 60 fps on max settings which I couldn't get anywhere near with my old GTX570.

There seems to be a huge number of super-expensive $50 to $60 AAA games atm, I'll certainly buy Borderlands and CivBE, so I guess I'll skip Mordor and Far Cry 4.

Nothing seems to matter right now compared to Elite and (finally a good patch) Star Citizen anyway.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

The uncanny resemblance of Pagan Min and Basilios Kostetsos (a greek fashion designer and former socialite)      

%CE%B2%CE%B1%CF%83%CE%B7+%CE%BA%CF%89%CF

they do look alike. 😆 😆

There seems to be a huge number of super-expensive $50 to $60 AAA games atm, I'll certainly buy Borderlands and CivBE, so I guess I'll skip Mordor and Far Cry 4.

That's why I am leaving it for a month should be able to pick it up in the Christmas sales for about half price and any major problems should have been sorted out.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Just installed it and problems with UPlay, when will I ever learn "Don't buy Ubisoft games on the PC".

ReplyQuote
SerialKicked
(@serialkicked)
Petty Officer Registered

Bought it. I wasn't expecting much...

And I was right. It is exactly the same as a re-skinned FC3 but with more of it. Not better, just more of the same, to a point of being hard to digest. The map is littered with activities. They are basically the same as in F3, though.. Kill people without being detected, climb a tower, kill stuff with a specific weapon, go there in less than X seconds, the usual.

The only "innovative" thing is the small copter from which you can still use one handed weapons. It's both a handy vehicle so you can travel around the map, and a way to do most activities and missions quickly and risk-free. When the best feature about a game is a way to skip large parts of said game, it doesn't bode well.

That said, yeah, it's more Farcry 3, so if you're looking for more of the same (without the charismatic bad guy), you can't really go wrong. It has no real plot, but at least the hero is less of a douche, and the racist undertone is mostly gone.

(and if you're looking for something like Farcry 2, don't bother)

Can't comment on co-op. It's good I heard.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Really enjoyed playing Far cry 3 so I am looking forward to playing it, if I can get past the UPlay nonsense.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Next time buy from Steam. It still has uplay, but at least you can dowload it from servers that aren't connected via 36.6 kb modem.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

It the disk version, put a ticket into Uplay about it and keep adding notes to it but so far no answer, probably all gone off for the Christmas hols

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

I'm really loving it, i'm a Far Cry saga fan so i'll never miss a single FC episode. Anyway as sayd it's more of the same but this is not bad. Also Borderlands the pre sequel is more of the same but it's a good game as borderlands 2.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Finally got it to work and it's an awesome game although it has to be said that it is pretty much the same as 3 but I love just messing around in it, the only thing I have found is the story missions have not grab me the same as 3 did maybe just too similar.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I know I watched a lot of reviews that bashed the game because it didn't really make itself different enough from FC3. I haven't played FC3 yet (I owe it on steam), but just wanting videos of both they look similar, one thing that I like about FC4 is that we finally have a location change. I think every FC game should contain a location change just because I have always thought they have done good jobs at creating some real great looking locations.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I'd actually like to see the first game revisited and perhaps redone with the annoying ending removed or changed. There was something very cool about wandering through a jungle and coming across Japanese relics from the Second World War.

ReplyQuote