Notifications

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 precent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

Microsoft Flight Simulator  

RSS

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
October 11, 2019 3:31 pm  

I was looking at the upcoming MS Flight Simulator that is due to release in 2020 on PC and Xbox. All this footage and screenshots are from the pre-alpha but I will admit it is gorgeous. They say you can basically fly to any spot on earth and have it be accurate because it will be using bing maps 😮. Its been what 10+ years since the last game and now Microsoft is going to release this.... wow what an upgrade to the series and supports VR too.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/microsoft-flight-simulator

Haha the dude flew over his house .... 😆 

This topic was modified 5 months ago by DarkOne

D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Master Chief Registered
October 11, 2019 4:39 pm  

Yes that's really impressive. I used to log countless hours on my heavily modded FSX, learning how to fly airliners from the real manuals sometimes... until I just "stalled" a few years ago (pun intended! 🙂). This to say I'm really looking forward to trying this new one.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
February 21, 2020 11:27 am  

This game just keeps looking better and better and I hope they take their time and just make this the ultimate simulator....

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Master Chief Registered
February 22, 2020 3:56 am  

Yes that's incredible. I just updated my rig (Ryzen 5 3600 / GTX 1660 S / 16 GB). It's quite the little computing monster and hopefully will provide a good trade-off between smoothness and rendering detail. I'm OK with a steady 30 fps (VSync/2) but what they show makes me worry to be honest...

This post was modified 5 days ago by D.C.Elington

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
February 22, 2020 10:52 am  
Posted by: @d-c-elington

I'm OK with a steady 30 fps (VSync/2) but what they show makes me worry to be honest...

I guess it might depend on the detail level you are going for when in game. Until we get more info on specs we just have to wonder? Because you are correct @d-c-elington the 30fps you should be just fine as long as it doesn't dip below that level during your game session. Because I have watched many videos comparing 30 to 60fps and you cannot really notice the difference. I think where we might run into gfx frame rate reduction is the sky/weather effects and as you get closer to the ground and you want to see more detail. The cockpit is pretty static with dials and gauges so the hit will come from the outside of the plane 😉 

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Master Chief Registered
February 22, 2020 11:20 am  

Indeed nothing like a "broken 7/8" with huge gorgeous volumetric clouds and their shadows to make a GPU enter its "What The Fps!?" mode 😋 

ReplyQuote
Share: