Notifications
Clear all

Outcast Reboot HD

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Quick shout out for this Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/outcast-reboot-hd/outcast-reboot-hd

Looking for a huge $600K.

NevilClavain
(@krakoukass)
Warrant Officer Registered

As far as I understand, it looks like they're not using the original voxel tech in their new rendering engine; not really a surprise, seeing that this specific technique is still not natively supported by GPU; however I guess they're some possible workaround to run a voxel based renderer on a GPU. nevertheless, the new engine is very impressive.

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered

I have not got the time at the moment to read all of that but watched the first bit of the video and the thing that struck me first, is if that video is to be believed, the smaller moon at least is smack bang in the atmosphere with the clouds going in front and behind it... Artistic license probably but meh thats my initial thought. will have to look over this later properly.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Backed for it. Already past $200.000, with 21 days left.

As far as I understand, it looks like they're not using the original voxel tech in their new rendering engine; not really a surprise, seeing that this specific technique is still not natively supported by GPU; however I guess they're some possible workaround to run a voxel based renderer on a GPU. nevertheless, the new engine is very impressive.

You can find a resolution fix (with some other helpful files) , if you want to play the original game in higher resolutions.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Outcast

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Only ten days left but still a good 60 grand short of the half way mark, looks like it will be tight if they make it to the finishing line.

ReplyQuote