Notifications
Clear all

Please Help me find this game.

Insaniac99
(@insaniac99)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

A local con is going to be playing a starship simulation game and I want to try it out well before the con (if for no other reason than I am extremely curious and I like playing new games)  They are continually comparing it to Artemis (which they ran at the same con last year) but they are keeping the name of this game secret until the con for some reason.  all I know is that 

1. It ISN'T Artemis Starship Bridge Simulator
  2. It is more focused on combat and "less prone to errors (and 'skipping')" than Artemis
  3. It has full 3d movement and allows rolls and other maneuvers
  4. has "vast amount of missions ready to go"
  5. performs smoothly under heavy network traffic
  6. possible to record voice messages for ships
  7. Each Ship supports 5 crew: Captain, Science, Helm, Weapons, and Engineering.

I have searched and scoured the internet and I can't find a game that has all (or even most) The only thing close I can find is Pulsar: The Lost Colony, and that doesn't even have a public beta out yet.

So with that in mind I turn to you all and ask if any of you have an idea of what game this could be, I appreciate any help you can offer in this regard.

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

It sound very much like Pulsar they may be demoing it at the con.

The only other two I can think of would be Union and the Mandate but neither of them have been released

ReplyQuote
Insaniac99
(@insaniac99)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply, I will have to check out Union and Mandate as those slipped under my radar.

ReplyQuote
voxel
(@voxel)
Petty Officer Registered

Thanks for the reply, I will have to check out Union and Mandate as those slipped under my radar.

well, what was it?

ReplyQuote
Dem
 Dem
(@dem)
Petty Officer Registered

ReplyQuote
Insaniac99
(@insaniac99)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

This is quick reply as my first bit back at civilization and I am away from my computer. The game was Quintet, I didn't actually get the chance to play it but all of my friends were saying it was super buggy and they couldn't complete one mission. I have been meaning to check it out but never got around to it. That Google doc is pretty sweet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Carmine
(@carmine)
Crewman Registered

This is quick reply as my first bit back at civilization and I am away from my computer. The game was Quintet, I didn't actually get the chance to play it but all of my friends were saying it was super buggy and they couldn't complete one mission. I have been meaning to check it out but never got around to it. That Google doc is pretty sweet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hello!

I just found this post. I'm the creator of that game. I'm always working on it and adding new features. Some of us get together and play online on Monday's (we use teamspeak).

The website for it is here:

http://quintet.us

Maybe you saw it at RadCon? It was being run there by 5thWallGaming.com

ReplyQuote
Insaniac99
(@insaniac99)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hello!

I just found this post. I'm the creator of that game. I'm always working on it and adding new features. Some of us get together and play online on Monday's (we use teamspeak).

The website for it is here:
http://quintet.us

Maybe you saw it at RadCon? It was being run there by 5thWallGaming.com

That is indeed the convention.

ReplyQuote