Topic starter  

Ok, s2odan, but I'm leaving Charlotte Amalie in there anyway. 😆

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Marcel wrote:
Ok, s2odan, but I'm leaving Charlotte Amalie in there anyway. 😆

This got me thinking, why dont we have existing spaceports in Pioneer? Namely Kennedy, Baikonur and Jui Quan.

Oh and just for s2odan 😉 That is certainly a beautiful place! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  
Quote:
This got me thinking, why dont we have existing spaceports in Pioneer? Namely Kennedy, Baikonur and Jui Quan.

Just for fun I'm adding everyone's hometown I can find. Yes, even Croslee. There's someone from Orlando, which is right next to KSC, but I doubt anyone here is from Baikonur or Jui Quan (or Kourou). I like the idea, and will put them in. Earth is starting to look quite populated!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

That could take a while Marcel to add all those starports, but thanks! 🙂 One thing though, Crosslee is a really tiny place so the landing bays will (most likely) always be full just like Sirocco Station 😆

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

That got me wondering how well the AI is going to be able to handle all those spaceports. I guess we'll see. As I said, it's just for fun, not intended to be part of the game... which is a game... which is just for fun...

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered

Marcel wrote:
Quote:

Just for fun I'm adding everyone's hometown I can find. Yes, even Croslee. There's someone from Orlando, which is right next to KSC, but I doubt anyone here is from Baikonur or Jui Quan (or Kourou). I like the idea, and will put them in. Earth is starting to look quite populated!

Nice, really good idea! Could I ask a small favour and ask that you add both York and Sheffield in England. I'm from sheff but now live in York 😉 Not that I'd expect either of those to actually have starports in the future.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

I can assure you that in the year 3200 they will both have starports. Of course, in order to do this they will completely level the towns and put up a few tacky high-rises. 😉

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  
Quote:
Could I ask a small favour and ask that you add both York and Sheffield in England.

You may rest assured that your... obscure, and unsung hamlets have been demolished, only to emerge reborn, as the very splendid and worthwhile York and Sheffield spaceports, providing welcome refreshment, and sanitory relief, to every weary traveler on his way.

[attachment=815:Britain01.jpg]

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hey, I can see my house from here! 😎 Thanks Marcel 🙂

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Nice 🙂 Its starting to look like people actually live there now 😉 Whats the total count of Earth bases now?

Quote:
Oh and just for s2odan 😉 That is certainly a beautiful place! 🙂

It looks lovely, if only I had been there 😉

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Right now the total count is 39, or it will be when I can get Brisbane to show up in its proper place instead of the coast of Antarctica. 😕

Edit: But I do have Melbourne in there correctly. 🙂

I thought I should mention that the original idea for this came from potsmoke66. I lost track of where the post is, so no link from me. Anyway, he explained how to put your own hometown on Earth as a spaceport. (thanks Gernot!) I'm just putting them in. Gonna find out how many spaceports it takes to crash this thing! 😆

Another edit: After a couple of days of fiddling, I finally got Brisbane in the correct location. For some reason lat. -27.3842 long. -153.1175 puts it on the other side of the planet but lat. -27 long. -153 works. Close enough for Philbywhizz, anyway! 😉

Today is July 4th. In my country it's a tradition to drink a lot, barbeque, and blow stuff up. 😈 Have a good day wherever you are and whatever you do everybody! 😀

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

When I was young I lived on RAF Lyneham, and then nearby. It was the home of the Hercules. These have left for the last time, and the base closes next year.

Could it live on as a space port?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Lyneham

51°30′19″N 001°59′36″W

I don't live there now, but when I saw video footage of the last four Hercs to take off from Lyneham performing a formation flyby of my old school, with all the pupils allowed out from classes to cheer and wave them off, I got a little bit emotional.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Of course Brianetta! This is turning out to be a scattergraph of our locations. It looks like in the 33rd century most people on Earth live in Great Britain. 😀

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

how about some middle eastern or asiatic elements one of those japanesse temple things

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Another method of picking which ones to place ingame:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_worl d's_busiest_container_ports

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_seaports

We have existing SeaPorts which are dirty, mucky places (except in Japan where they all seemed quite nice actually) so i'd bet that in the 32nd century they'd just re-purpose those since they already have the infrastructure for heavy industry.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Marcel wrote:

Don't forget to add me - Brisbane, Australia. (I call it 'Brisvegas' in my own game due to a name change in 3050 by popular vote 😆 )

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

This is for Brianetta.

[attachment=817:RAF Lyneham.jpg]

Quote:
Don't forget to add me - Brisbane, Australia. (I call it 'Brisvegas' in my own game due to a name change in 3050 by popular vote 😆 )

Brisbane is in there. I posted a bit about my difficulties with it. It became the Brisbane of my existence for a couple of days. 🙄 Whenever I attempted long and lat positions with a number after the decimal point it ended up in Antarctica! There's a bit of rounding error, but I hope it's close enough, considering. 🙂

@ fluffyfreak and ollobrain - I'm just adding the home towns of the people who post here. If you or anyone else wants me to add their location in, let me know.

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

mines already in there

ReplyQuote
durandal
(@durandal)
Petty Officer Registered

Are you going to add every currently bigger and less bigger known place?

Population on Earth at that ages is obviously stagnating in both human population and resources/developement in your universe 😆

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  
Quote:
Are you going to add every currently bigger and less bigger known place?

No, that would be way too much work! I'm just trying to add the hometowns of the people on the Pioneer forum, so they can take off and land at home if they wish. 😀

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Hey, aren't you the guy from the Virgin Islands? 😆 I'm leaving Charlotte Amalie in there too, 'cause I like it! In the version I'm using, at least, it's a runway type base which lines up almost perfectly with the actual runway. So you actually live here. It looks like it was a nice town back in the 21st century. Too bad the alpha 11 glacial period scoured all of that away. 😉

[attachment=818:Grays.jpg]

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

hehe cheers.

ReplyQuote
Azimech
(@azimech)
Senior Chief Registered

How nice, someone from Ljubljana! I was thinking of mentioning Postojna, my girfriend is originally from Gorenje, a few clicks from there. Someday we'll move there. At the moment I live in Leerdam.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Ok, I'll add Leerdam. Would you prefer Postojna or Gorenje or both? By the way, I'm almost done. From a distance Earth is completely covered by a cloud of text. Reminds me of FFE. 😉

Flying over Europe without labels is getting kind of cool. You can see all the spaceports as sparkling dots, and often there's a couple within viewing distance when you've landed. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 25