Notifications
Clear all

Dear Vuzz, ships from Genesia, very necessary in new versions pioneer modifications!

sapog662
(@sapog662)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Если это модификация одного из кораблей (ну, если все корабли), что многие в России будут вам очень благодарны! )

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

If a modification of one of the ships (well, if all the ships) that many in Russia will be very grateful! )

I'd love to see Genesia's awesome ships in the latest builds too sapog662, Gernot & Vuzz created something very special here, but it would take a lot of work I fear to convert them.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

Pioneer tools are available to convert the LMR models for SGM. I was hoping that Gernot would, but I think that is not possible.  :O

I do not think Vuzz feel like getting out of LMR, but maybe someone can do it some day. 

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Robn and I worked on a LMR -> obj exporter to help people make the transition, and I had hopes of even making LMR into a useful modelling tool. It was met with hostility at the time though and we dropped it 🙁

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Point being that there is code to do LMR to obj format conversion. So if someones interested in it I could find out where it is.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

It was in the last couple of alphas. I made an SGM dump of one model, but I seem to have lost the alpha I used. In other words, I'm interested.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

"Someday" is today?    🙂

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Does Genesia not have the ability to export them then? If it was forked from the final Pioneer alpha then it might be in there.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Actually I've just tested it. Download the Genesia game, run the included LMRMODELVIEWER - it will take a long time to load 😉 open up a model then either press shitf+d or press the "dump to obj" button.

Bingo! The model will be exported and it's location displayed 🙂

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Oh yeah! That's where it is! I was sure I had it somewhere. Thanks to Vuzz and his LMR archive!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hope to see these awesome ships fly once again in the latest builds <looks longingly at Imperial Hunter>

Genesia_zps223fe4ec.jpg

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

hi , i remember to anyone: Genesia is totaly free to use in any conversion , in fact this mode was just for me a sort of archive for Pionner 😉

ReplyQuote
Gernot66
(@gernot66)
Lieutenant Registered

He will and he won't 😉

Hey, if there is really interest i will.

Some suggestions (but mostly it will beme anyway)
One suggestion!

- don't use the exporter of the modelviewer to export the models to wavefront, the result is unusable.

It exports all sub-m,odels unscaled and unpositioned.
That means i.e. if you have a landing gear model and you have positioned this sub-model it will be in center when dumped, if you use this to build up the model you have to position it and eventually check for the scaleing that was used in the script.

it's uncomfortable

Personally i extract them using GL-Xtractor, it dumps any open-gl mesh and everything is as it is (you could even export a whole scene from pioneer if you like, it's at least interesting to see how that looks outside the game), the landing gear will be scaled and positioned proper or in the exact position you chose using the animation slider.
any of the by me often used sub-models will be scaled and positioned.

I remembner that i was called lousy because the parts are displaced and wrong scaled (worst of all they took one of my very first models "the eagle" with my very first pilot model oversized, it was a scripted put together something), sorry it was never my fault, they are displaced and scaled wrong because the exporter exports them wrong and doesn't respects scaleing or translating of a sub-model. rotation and everything is lost it exports the sub-model as it's written and not as it's used in the model. (only to export them centered would be no problem, but that they are unscaled and unrotatet is a problem). Exportet in position means you have to re-center them for the use. but this is still better because 0,0,0 i don't have to check where that is and when the sub-model was in position it's no question where it belongs to, you have already the exact position and can assign the pivot to the part relating to the positioning or use in animation and the snap the object to 0,0,0 for exporting.

So far to how to dump them - i never use the modelviewer for that.

All the conversions i made over the years are based on GL-Xtractors output and not on the MV dumps.

while i guess that is a thing of the very past

---

I won't promise to much but of course i can convert any of the ships to .sgm.

Best would be if you have a wish ask me, in this way i don't have to convert all and also know where to start.

---

How became the interceptor a hunter?

Never mind.

This one (and some others) won't have to be dumped it's a wavefront model.
It only leaks of a texture, else it's a nice ship, yes.

ReplyQuote