Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] New game mod: Pioneer Scout +

Page 20 / 28

walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

If you need the Pioneer Scout+ source code to compile or watch, find it here:  https://github.com/walterar/pioneer-sp

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Walterar. I simply want to thank you for this. An epic piece of work you have done here and I will be giving it a bump in my monthly ModDB update.

ReplyQuote
RhombusStudios
(@rhombusstudios)
Crewman Registered

What are some really great space games you guys are looking forward to see come to life?

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Scout Pioneer Plus, course.   And you, what do you suggest? 

Welcome RhombusStudios  

ReplyQuote
RhombusStudios
(@rhombusstudios)
Crewman Registered

Welcome RhombusStudios  

Welcome RhombusStudios  

Scout Pioneer looks interesting. Im just looking around and seeing what looks good and what other players are looking for in games.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

I too would like to know. Make yourself at home, you are among friends. 

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Thank you so much for your amazing work Walterar. I know it might be a little tiresome for you to hear all the time but I just again wanted to express my sincerest gratitude on the hard work and effort you put in on continuing this Pioneer Mod, which for myself, and I am sure many others, defines this as THE version to play.

Thank you Walterar..............you are an inspiration. So many fantastic and talented people here. You are ALL amazing.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Still toting that energy bomb, Styggron? <grins> Rock on, Walterar!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
From the G22 version of Scout, stop to merge "blindly" the recent mergers in the master of Pioneer Space Simm

Pioneer Scout Plus G22 will use "only" mergers duly proven that improve the player experience, without serious problems that nobody of developers is interested in quickly solving

Soon there will be news 

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Pioneer Scout Plus G22 Full is here!

G22f-01.png

* Always built on the latest engine update of Pioneer Space Sim

I want to thank the team of developers of Pioneer Space Sim. They working day and night for this to come to you:

April 2015

* New Features

* Confirm quit question added (#3374)

March 2015

* Fixes

* Fix modelcompiler (#3356)

* Attempt to avoid calling methods on a nil object (#3357)

* Fix missing specular highlights (#3367)

* Fix compilation of planetrings shader (#3370)

* New Features

* Mouselook for internal camera (#3361)

* Migrating the save-game serialisation from a binary flat file to JSON (#3355)

* Internal Changes

* Fix VS2013 profiling configuration (#3368)

* Rendering statistics (#3371)

* Instanced model rendering for cities (#3372) << Still has some problems. not implemented in G22f

* Update the sgm file version (#3375) << Still has some problems. not implemented in G22f

Thanks @fluffyfreak @impaktor @robn @johnbartholomew @laarmen @lwho @nozmajner, and all AUTHORS.txt, for have come get here.

I built on that, everything published so far, plus:

(remember to me, make a Changelog.txt for Scout+)

News in Scout G 22 full version

* User interface skins completely renovated

G22f-02.png

G22f-03.png

G22f-04.png

* New sound effects applied to different events:

* Hull Repair

* Checkup of hyperdrive

* Battle Scenes

* Scanning the planet Scout mission

* Enable/disable AutoCombat

* United alert

* Jettison

* And others...

* New weapons:

*  Double Cannon 2 Mega Watts (extremely effective, but beware, "they" also have)

* Fines apply for:

* ABDUCTION: If the mission of moving people (taxi) are delayed more than 30 days of the contracted term.

* FRAUD: If courier or delivery missions take longer than 30 days of the contracted term.

Much code has been rewritten with an emphasis on improving the traffic and battle scenes. I think the combat in a Newtonian flight model can be exciting. Gradually I will achieve. Still I need many things, such as large static ships

I've tested (playing) all I could, and I think, only have pleasant surprises for you.

G22f-05.png

An important change to note is the new unified 3 in 1 package, which contains the executable for: Windows 32, Linux 32 and Linux 64 in a single download of 229.7 MB.

For more info, see Readme_before_installing.txt included into package

The source code can be found here: https://github.com/walterar/pioneer-sp

To build your executable, eg for OSX, or just curious.

Remember, Scout+ use its own directory: ~/.pioneersp on Linux,  or DocumentsPioneersp on Windows

Therefore you can have installed (and run, concurrently if desired and your computer supports it) Pioneer Space Sim, and Pioneer Scout Plus

Enjoy this. 

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Well Done Walterar. Downloading now!!! 

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Wonderful news!   Thanks you so much Walterar!

ReplyQuote
Snowmane76
(@snowmane76)
Crewman Registered

Amazing!  Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

That looks wonderful! It makes me really glad that I showed you Skydive's control panels. I just flew my Ladybird back to Eugene so I can update The Matrix.

ReplyQuote
pbar1469
(@pbar1469)
Crewman Registered

Hi Walterar.

I can't load the savegames from Scout 21f.

Is there any way to recover the information into 22f?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@pbar1469 Welcome!

The answer is here

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Hi Marcel!

Yes, I have taken some things from @Skydive, what you have posted here: http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/topic/4911-skydives-control-panels/

Of course, my thanks to you and to them 

ReplyQuote
sapog662
(@sapog662)
Master Chief Registered

У нас есть возможность добавлять миссии убийства в скаут+"! Я страдала от "Пионер" Пионер-20150403 от с Win32данныеЛанг "модуль-убийство" и " Пионер-20150403 от с Win32данныемодули - "убийство", и мой разведчик+ работает!

Уважаемые walterar, я готов продолжить поддержку русского языка, если ты дашь мне текстовый файл, который нужно перевести.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

We have the ability to add murder to the mission scout + ", I was suffering from" Pioneer "Pioneer of 20,150,403 with Win32 data Lang" module-killing "and" Pioneer of 20,150,403 with Win32 data modules - "murder" and my scout + works!

Dear walterar, I am ready to continue to support the Russian language, if you give me a text file that you want to translate.

Hope that is what you meant sapog662. Cannot trust google translate these days. That's great your doing the Russian translation.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Hi @sapog662 You think I forgot what you expect so long time?

Soon you will have a pleasant surprise.   Your Russian translation will be very welcome. 

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Thank you very much for the update to 22f Walterar, you continue to put in the most amazing features and improvements.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks Styggron, also I have to thank spacesimcentral for letting me be here with you. 

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Pioneer Scout Plus, G23f version, here for you...

g23-01.png

* Always built on the latest util update of Pioneer Space Sim engine.

Some things to come in this version of Scout+...

g23-02.png

Cleaning and rewriting code in Scout module, that apart from solving small buggs, greatly improves the return to mapping, when this is interrupted, or when a saved game is recovered. This module works much better now.

The same has been done in the others modules, fixing minor bugs, also achieving a greater speed in generating ads.

In short, all the code of Pioneer Scout Plus has been revised and improved in many aspects of detail impossible in full, but surely you discover in G23f version.

Some small things have been added, improving the visual experience; for example:

In ShipRepairs, the progress bar continues to step through the repair process.

Other small things added are very useful; for example:

By buying in EquipmentMarket displays a window with the description of the equipment purchased.

This new version also includes an improved adaptation to Scout+, a new module, recently joined in the Pioneer vanilla: CargoRun, a variant of DeliverPackage that offers new and interesting missions cargo transportation.

g23-cargorun01.png

g23-cargorun02.png

g23-cargorun03.png

g23-cargorun04.png

g23-cargorun05.png

g23-cargorun06.png

g23-cargorun07.png

And finally, G23f incorporates a new module of missions: Hitman, an improved version of Assassination module with the "touch" Scout+

Five private organizations controlling the administration of justice throughout the galaxy:

Solutions Ltd.

Popular Justice Inc.

Extermination Inc.

Cleaning Galactic Ltd.

Hitman & Hitman Inc.

They are commercial companies that sell their "swift justice" services to central governments and anyone with enough money to pay the price. They have very good relationship with the police and frequently resort to lone pilots to offer a contract to "dirty work" in exchange for a good reward.

g23-hitman01.png

g23-hitman02.png

g23-hitman03.png

g23-hitman04.png

g23-hitman05.png

It is important to remember that there are two conditions for obtaining any of those contracts:

First: Your Rating. This is "not negotiable".

g23-hitman06.png

You must have, at least, Rating: 1 (8 ships shot down), but not worry, this is only for some tasks involving high-ranking characters. The payments best? Yeah!

Second: You must be totally "clean". Must not have unpaid fines or criminal record. But do not despair, this "is negotiable"; after paying the fine in the police, you can resort to the boys of "Change of Registration" to clean your history, this will cost more money? of course!

I've tested (playing) all I could, and I think, only has pleasant surprises for you. If this is not so, please let me know.

Like the previous version, it is a full version published in the new unified 3 in 1 package containing the executables for: Windows 32, Linux 32, and Linux 64, in a single download of 228.8 MB.

For more info, see Readme_before_installing.txt included into package

Enjoy this.  

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Excellent Walterar!   I will give this a bump on ModDB too since I am just about to update it.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Info Rating, approximate equivalence:

kills = 1 Rating: 0 HARMLESS
kills = 8 Rating: 1 MOSTLY_HARMLESS
kills = 16 Rating: 2 POOR
kills = 32 Rating: 3 AVERAGE
kills = 64 Rating: 4 ABOVE_AVERAGE
kills = 128 Rating: 5 COMPETENT
kills = 512 Rating: 6 DANGEROUS
kills = 1024 Rating: 7 DEADLY
kills = 2048 Rating: 8 ELITE
kills = 4096 Rating: 9 ADDICTED TO LYING :)

ReplyQuote
Page 20 / 28