ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Moved of the previous page.

Pioneer Scout Plus G29f is released!

G29f.png

This new version, like the previous ones, is based on the latest version of Pioneer engine with the latest mergers considered reliable and useful for Scout+.

Following the mode of continuous improvement, are many and important the internal changes to improve performance of scripts and to avoid possible errors. The player experience is a priority here.

Changes in this version:

* Add a "time left" function for major accuracy in final of missions.

missionsG29f.png

* "Exit this game" in the config screen, does not return to "start menu".

The same behavior on tombstone. This helps to avoid errors in saved games.

* Autosave to dock and undock includes the name of the space station.

savegameG29f.png

* The function "discovery of unexplored systems" is active now.

There are many things to improve here; maybe in G30.

* Warning message of illegal jump distance, leaving the space station.

* Corrections of the false alarm in message "imminent failure hyperdrive".

* Message "Do not forget to visit..." random local stations, in Lobby screen.

* Hundreds of lines of code in internal modules were rewritten.

Pioneer Scout Plus is now more faster, more reliable, and more fun.

Everything works better in this version.

Pioneer Scout Plus G29f is a total mod. You need nothing more than:

Download and unzip the archive pioneersp-g29f-w32l32l64.7z

Run pioneersp.exe (Windows 32 or 64)

or pioneersp-l32 (Linux 32)

or pioneersp-l64 (Linux 64) which is in inside the unzipped folder PioneerSP-G29F

I have not encountered any serious problems in many hours of testing. But there are many ways to play that might not explored. If you have any problems, let me know; you will help to improve Scout.

Enjoy

Download free from here: pioneersp-g29f-w32l32l64.7z

Pioneer Scout Plus is set by default to a screen 4:3

If you have a 16:9 screen, maybe I should try this mod: fonts169-PioneerScout-mod

I hope you enjoy this version.     

This story continues ...

ReplyQuote
pazuzu
(@pazuzu)
Petty Officer Registered

Awesome job Walterar! It is a beauty.

I'm actually playing this more often than elite dangerous.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Things are changing in SSC and I hope they improve, If you got here, congratulations! 🙂

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Remember that you will always find the latest version of Pioneer Scout Plus at https://sourceforge.net/projects/pioneersp/

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Fine, the G30 version is about to come out. As with every new version, there are many improvements and new things.

The great news this time is on how to explore new systems unexplored: You will land on a planet "witness" and remain a time that depends on the number of bodies in the system. Sometimes it will be easy, sometimes very difficult. Sometimes the "witness" planet will be too close to the main star, other times the planet will be immense and gravity will be a problem. You will also find planets where it will be difficult to land because of the terrain's characteristics. Very dark planets, very bright planets. Many things can happen beyond the border of the galaxy. There, where no one has ever come.

I did some videos that show the mechanics of this new feature of the game; You can learn from them the simple way to land or extract hydrogen from gaseous giants.

If nothing unexpected happens the new G30 version will be available on December 24, 2016.

Thanks for continuing here

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Wonderful News Walterar. I hope to upload the latest Pioneer build around then too so Scout Plus will be getting a Christmas bump too. B)

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@geraldine I like this 😉

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Great news !
And also congratulations for a fantastic job on Scout+, I only had a 2years old versions of Pioneer that I rarely played due to some cmputer problems, I recently downloaded Scout+ latest version and it's great.

A few things I noticed that you might want to look at (thou some are probably Pionneer-related)

- in system view (3D) all objects appear as white balls with no textures (maybe intended, but weird)
- in the cargo list of the ship, when I jettison stuff, sometimes the order of the list changes, so I end up jettisonning some hydrogen with my radioactives....
- autopilot has a tendency to crash in between landing pads when ordered to dock with planet bases

Looking forward to next version !

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@LostJameson Thanks for your concepts.

Point 1: I do not quite understand what you mean. Could you put a screenshot here?

Point 2: This is a wrong behavior of the Pioneer engine and it is very annoying, I do not have time to change it now, but surely I will in the next G31 version.

Point 3: This has always been the case in the Pioneer engine when the time acceleration is at its maximum. The autopilot must do many mathematical calculations to calculate the braking distance, and many of these calculations do not complete, causing a crash against the planet or orbiting station. The solution, for the moment, which does not always work, is to decrease the acceleration of time to point 3, generally to 500,000 km or more, of the target.

As you can see in the videos, I usually use quicksave, Ctrl + F9, before starting any risky maneuver. You can always go back and improve your experience. 🙂

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Thanks for answering,

on 1), I can't post a screenshot right now, but it's in the 3D system view with a green background and the orbits of all the planets, when I zoom to an object, any object, it always appears as a full white sphere, (exception is the space stations which don't appear at all, I can select them and zoom very close, but I only see the name tag of the station, not the 3D model), I have no other graphic glitch with this game.

2) 🙂

3) Yes I knew that from Frontier, but here I was doing it at only point 2 accel, and even in real time (no acceleration) and it kept crashing (I came to within 10km of the spaceport, the ship started to line up at the vertical of the spaceport and to slow down while descending correctly, the only problem was that it wasn't at the vertical of the landing pad but at the vertical of a point that is in the middle of the landing pads, I suspect that's the middle of the whole spaceport), I only tried landing in some of the systems around Lave, on planets that are "small sphere of rock".

ah also, I play in english and when I'm in a federation the welcome text in the main menu of the station tells me I'm in the "Federacion" (spanish)

But otherwise, none of this is annoying (I can land manually), and I realy like your take on things.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@LostJameson

1) That is just to help the navigation and I believe that it fulfills its function, I do not think that it changes much in that aspect, but everything is possible in the future.

3) This is another old Pioneer engine problem that is currently being studied, see here https://github.com/pioneerspacesim/pioneer/issues/3077 , and an imminent solution is to be expected. Anyway, long ago I have taken precautions for of Pioneer Scout Plus missions to be fulfilled even when the ship can not dock to the station, but they can land in the vicinity.

Federación will now be: Federation 🙂

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Ah ok, sorry to have bothered you with stuff that is just Pioneer's present state, for the 1) I was so used to see the planets in System view just like they were in actual gameplay in Frontier/FFE that I forgot to check how it was supposed to be in Pioneer. I remember spending hours "exploring" the galaxy from the galactic map and system view, not even flying to the things... (well, I did also do all the stuff you'd expect, flying to Beta Lyrae to die on arrival, go to unexplored systems in hope my name would be recorded or something, Setting out to try to find that damn Supermassive Black Hole supposed to be in the center of the galaxy... and not being halfway there when my hyperdrive failed...)

Yep, the autopilot is one hell of a crazy guy with its direction changes, I was quiet frightened on the first fly, but as long as it keeps away from planets it seems to know what it does... 🙂

Another thing while we're at it, I had the same issue as described by Marcel in this thread: http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/discussion/4211/things-related-to-scout#latest

hyperdrive risk of failure warning in february 3200 (also with the lave start and only a few jumps in the meantime). Since you wrote that you would take care of it I think you might want to look at it (I did get the message and then it was mentionned in the Personal informations screen), The shipyard kept telling me my ship was in perfect condition, but I looked at the files (shiprepairs.lua) and I see the shipyard only takes care of the hull, not the yearly check of the engines (I'm not considering this as a bug, I understand there are people on the BBS who propose the service).

Also, I saw a realy nice touch with the repairs of the hull that take a bit of time, very immersive.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Yes, Hyperdrive is often a problem; Are more modern than those used by the Pioneer engine. They have more power and less mass, but need more maintenance to keep running. You will need a crewmember with engineering skills if you intend to make a long journey beyond the border, where you will not have a space station at hand. I just found a crew engineer, it was not easy.
![]( "")

The problem is that he has no ability as a pilot, that bothers me a lot. I've had better crew.
![]( "")

Pirates are often a problem in areas of risk. I just had an incident when I was going to collect hydrogen from a gas giant,
![]( "")

nothing very serious indeed.
![]( "")

I should be more careful next time.

As you will see, I am having a lot of fun trying the new version while I wait for the release date. 🙂

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Yay, that's definitely how I've always wanted these things to work !

ReplyQuote
Shodan
(@shodan)
Petty Officer Registered

Been playing Frontier: Elite II for a little bit and just found out about Pioneer. I was checking out some gameplay videos and finally found one that showed some combat, but I'm disappointed to see that lasers travel at sub-light velocity (they don't fire at the speed of light like in the original Frontier), can anyone explain the reasons for this?

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@Shodan They are plasma cannons; The laser cannons were discontinued in the 29th century by the amount of casualties caused by "friendly fire."

ReplyQuote
Shodan
(@shodan)
Petty Officer Registered

Interesting, thanks

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

**Pioneer Scout Plus G30 has been released!**

![]( "")

More stable, and more improvements over previous versions.

To the new exploration feature of unexplored systems, mentioned above, is added:

Now, you can customize the registration of your ship.
![]( "")
![]( "")

This is a high honor given to you in any of the following cases:

* You have explored 50 or more unexplored systems.
* You have a combat level of 2 or more (16 kills or more).
* You have completed missions: successfully - failed = greater than or equal to 50

Except in any of the following cases:

* If you have a criminal record.
* If you are not registered in the current faction.
* If it is not docked at a space station.

A dual mark problem (SetNavtarget + SetCombatTarget) over the target ship when the beacon receiving system is used in SAR is solved, this was a problem of visual interference due to the overlap of the data provided by them.
Now, a one click on target deactivates the marks, and then Ctrl + click on target, followed by F5 to synchronize the speed in zero and to be able to approach and maintain in the required position (<= 50Mts).

And much more, impossible to describe here.

Really worth a try, download it from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pioneersp/br >
Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

G R E A T !

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

There was a last-minute change in the number of kills needed to access the ship's label edition. This occurred in the code, but was not modified in the published instructions.

Where it says "You have a level of 2 or more (16 kills or more)," must say "You have a level of 3 or more (32 kills or more)." Sorry

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Walterar! I've only just managed to log into the site. Thank you so much for the latest build of Scout Plus. I know I promised to give you a Christmas mention over on ModDB but there has not been any updates in the main Pioneer build since my last upload. I am guessing the dev team are taking a well deserved rest over the festive period, but rest assured once a new build comes out, info and links about Scout Plus will be there right alongside it. 😉
In the meantime, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you the happiest of New Years. 🙂

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks Geraldine, I hope you have started well the new year.

ReplyQuote
Page 27 / 28