Forum

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 precent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

[Sticky] New game mod: Pioneer Scout +  

Page 28 / 28
  RSS

Anonymous
December 18, 2016 12:36 pm  

Yay, that's definitely how I've always wanted these things to work !

ReplyQuote
Shodan
(@shodan)
Petty Officer Registered
December 21, 2016 12:51 am  

Been playing Frontier: Elite II for a little bit and just found out about Pioneer. I was checking out some gameplay videos and finally found one that showed some combat, but I'm disappointed to see that lasers travel at sub-light velocity (they don't fire at the speed of light like in the original Frontier), can anyone explain the reasons for this?

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
December 21, 2016 1:01 am  

@Shodan They are plasma cannons; The laser cannons were discontinued in the 29th century by the amount of casualties caused by "friendly fire."

ReplyQuote
Shodan
(@shodan)
Petty Officer Registered
December 22, 2016 9:34 am  

Interesting, thanks

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
December 23, 2016 7:07 pm  

**Pioneer Scout Plus G30 has been released!**

![]( "")

More stable, and more improvements over previous versions.

To the new exploration feature of unexplored systems, mentioned above, is added:

Now, you can customize the registration of your ship.
![]( "")
![]( "")

This is a high honor given to you in any of the following cases:

* You have explored 50 or more unexplored systems.
* You have a combat level of 2 or more (16 kills or more).
* You have completed missions: successfully - failed = greater than or equal to 50

Except in any of the following cases:

* If you have a criminal record.
* If you are not registered in the current faction.
* If it is not docked at a space station.

A dual mark problem (SetNavtarget + SetCombatTarget) over the target ship when the beacon receiving system is used in SAR is solved, this was a problem of visual interference due to the overlap of the data provided by them.
Now, a one click on target deactivates the marks, and then Ctrl + click on target, followed by F5 to synchronize the speed in zero and to be able to approach and maintain in the required position (<= 50Mts).

And much more, impossible to describe here.

Really worth a try, download it from here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pioneersp/

Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
December 25, 2016 4:16 pm  

G R E A T !

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
December 28, 2016 12:02 pm  

There was a last-minute change in the number of kills needed to access the ship's label edition. This occurred in the code, but was not modified in the published instructions.

Where it says "You have a level of 2 or more (16 kills or more)," must say "You have a level of 3 or more (32 kills or more)." Sorry

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered
December 30, 2016 8:16 am  

Walterar! I've only just managed to log into the site. Thank you so much for the latest build of Scout Plus. I know I promised to give you a Christmas mention over on ModDB but there has not been any updates in the main Pioneer build since my last upload. I am guessing the dev team are taking a well deserved rest over the festive period, but rest assured once a new build comes out, info and links about Scout Plus will be there right alongside it. 😉
In the meantime, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you the happiest of New Years. 🙂

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
January 2, 2017 7:44 pm  

Thanks Geraldine, I hope you have started well the new year. :smiley:

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
February 3, 2017 4:27 pm  

Thanks for this amazing mod/game that I would love to be able to keep enjoying but I stumbled with a problem with combat. The version is G30 (the latest at the time of posting)... The game works flawlessly for hours but I consistently have crashes while fighting...

...In particular when I'm looking at an enemy that's shooting me. The game just stays there frozen with a black screen and my W7 popup asks if I want to wait or close. I don't find any debug data of use I can upload and I have not found any problems so far in my plenty of travels around the universe but this one.

Sometimes the same enemy, after a reload, can be beaten without the crash to happen... I also have observed that I have NEVER been subject to a missile launch which has led me to think that maybe it's related to some effect that triggers when the AI is trying to launch a missile? Just crazy guessing.

Any console command of use here? To at least provide some more usefull data than... "Hey! I'm crashing" 🙁

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
February 7, 2017 1:42 pm  

@oreganor Thanks for playing with Scout. 🙂

I have not been able to reproduce the fault you say, in my system. The Pioneer engine has problems with some video cards, especially Intel. Which one do you have?

That failure also occurs with auto combat?

No one has yet implemented missile firing on NPC ships; Is something that I have to do. 😉

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captian Registered
February 20, 2017 9:25 pm  

Broadband enabled! I just downloaded SP30. Now I have to get my avatars to finish the deliveries in their systems and get them to uninhabited systems. For me, there's a nice trade route between Sol and Wolf359. First I jump to Ross128, remember that place? You can never go home again.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered
March 10, 2017 3:55 pm  

Walterar, as promised, there is a bump for you over on [ModDB]( http://www.moddb.com/games/pioneer "ModDB"). Hope you get plenty of folks to try it out! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captian Registered
March 25, 2017 9:44 pm  

I just played FFED3D for a bit. I started in the FE2 position at Ross 154. I confused the name with Ross 128. :s I never even got close to going home again!

ReplyQuote
Gernot66
(@gernot66)
Warrant Officer Registered
March 26, 2019 2:43 pm  

Will post a little something in this thread.

Amazing!

I peeped into walterars scout+ modules (missions) and i'm overwhelmed.
Plenty of good ideas here!

I can't say if i can adapt them because of release differences but at least i can adapt some ideas.

ReplyQuote
Matanzan
(@matanzan)
Petty Officer Registered
July 3, 2019 2:18 pm  

Find it at Spacesimpics2 at Weebly or check The Pioneer (Developement) Forum.

New mod for Pioneer Facegen that will most likely also work for Scout.. if not, please let me know.

Sample 1

ReplyQuote
Matanzan
(@matanzan)
Petty Officer Registered
July 3, 2019 2:20 pm  

sample2

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered
July 5, 2019 8:36 am  

These are great!

ReplyQuote
Matanzan
(@matanzan)
Petty Officer Registered
July 5, 2019 12:30 pm  

Thanks, Geraldine! Appreciated 😉

There will be more soon, and zipfiles with everything, too...

ReplyQuote
Page 28 / 28
Share: