Notifications
Clear all

Open Asset Importer 3.2

fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

There was a bug in the older version of the Open Asset Importer (aka: Assimp) that we used which meant that when loading a "dae" model file it used the materials ID instead of it's name.

This has become more of a problem as distributions adopt the latest versions of Assimp and so we have now updated to Assimp 3.2 for the Pioneer builds.

The problem for mods is that this might cause some graphical errors, textures might be mismatched etc.

The fix for this if to modify the ".model" file to reference the materials name instead of it's ID.

For the Bowfin fighter this meant altering it like so:

-material Fuselage-material

+material Fuselage

To find out what the materials name is you can either open the "dae" file within a 3D modelling program and look in it's material edit/assignment tools, or you can open the "dae" in notepad (or another editor) and search for the older ID like "Fuselage-material" and fine it's name within the xml format of the DAE file itself.

I'll try to help make this transition easier if I can so ask any questions in here.

Thanks,

Andy

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Ah, this must be related to this problem I encountered here. Should have checked the forum before posting that. Should I upload 20160430 to ModDB or wait Andy in case there is a fix?

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Geraldine,

I'm just checking it out now, will post back in a few minutes.

Andy

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Yeah Robn is doing a new build at the moment so there will be a safe one to use soon hopefully.

I'll post here when it's live.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

The fixed version is up now 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

The fixed version is up now 🙂