Clear all

Pioneer Moderators

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Hey Everyone

Small update on the Pioneer area.

With Pioneer being one of the more active areas on SSC, I don't have the time to really moderate this area as it should. So I have granted robn, Brianetta and s20dan Moderator permissions to the Pioneer forum area (includes German Area as well) and they should be able to do anything that I could do accept for banning someone. 

If there is any issues or if someone doesn't want to be a moderator just let me know and I will remove the privileges.

Just remember everyone that Pioneer is a open-source project and it takes considerable amount of time and dedication to make something like this happen. A lot of people really do dedicate a lot of time to projects like this for others to enjoy so please be respectful and watch what you type. It is a community and the main goal is to come together and help each other build the best game Pioneer can be. So have fun and play nice. I will let  robn, Brianetta and s20dan take it from here and if they want to introduce various rules I will enforce them.

-D1-

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Reaching out to the fans of Pioneer, looking for a member of the community that wants to be a moderator of only Pioneer forum area. There is about 50+ forum areas on SSC and Pioneer is only one of them and since it is very active Pinback and myself have a hard time keeping up to date on the day-to-day going ons in this area. I would like to see a respected member of the Pioneer community to step forward to be a moderator.

Being a moderator is not a hard job at all, you just enforce site rules and manage the posts in the forum area. I know that this area does need some cleaning but personally I don't know what to remove since I am not in-depthly in tune to the daily activities of the members in here. So if someone wants to be considered for a moderator just post here please.

Reason why I am asking is that most of the developers of Pioneer don't want to be moderators just because of the time it takes and its a responsibility as well to keep order *when you have too). But once a forum area is in order its really not a tough job its then just working on anything that comes up. But a moderator definitely should be a person that is passionate about the game itself. This is a non paying position 🙂

So step forward and be considered.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

It is desirable that the moderator is a person "moderate", "really impartial" and multilingual. In this forum converge opinions of people from all over the world, which does not properly handle the English language, for example: my case. This creates conflict situations that are not real and can "climb".

It is also important to understand that here no children playing but adults, who discussed, sometimes heatedly, his ideas.

I do not think quickly find the right person for the job, although I think it would help to know what the rules of the forum.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Main forum page bottom right.

http://spacesimcentral.com/rules.html

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

I'm happy with the selection chosen, I probably need some moderating now and then so certainly wouldn't make a decent moderator, but I'd trust those listed so far to make a good judgement call.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Hi, FWIW I'm happy to be a moderator.

Cheers.

I probably need some moderating now and then..

I've got my eye on you lad...  hehe 😀 😉

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

Be advised that "FWIW" alien language (I will not say which because they are very susceptible) is a severe offense. I suggest you read the rules.

"2. Personnel discriminations

There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other forms of personal discrimination towards humans or aliens. Reported If Observed and or you will get a warning. "

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Oops, I hope I didn't offend those "aliens". 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I look at it like this, I try to moderate the Pioneer area when I can. It's just it helps to have a subject matter expert and a person that is more in tune with this certain community to help moderate it. Because like people have said here, if I just opened up a thread and started reading I may think that a certain person is rude, when maybe it is a language barrier issue. Not knowing the people posting keeps me at a dis-advantage. 

And the moderators, mainly s2odan. will have basic post and thread permissions to edit, delete, split, merge posts as he sees fit to do so. Moderators can 'warn' but cannot ban users. For me I look at this position as mainly a content keeper, I have no clue what should stay or what should go without making more posts to find out when I can get rid of or slim down. Least this way there is a knowledgeable member that knows the everyday posting and posts that should be kept. Because I know personally as Pioneer develops I doubt much Alpha posts will be needed once beta is here, so there will be a need to have some merging/splitting of posts to keep the best info current or least archived.

I hope Robn doesn't mind but he also recommended some people for moderator job and those people were: Geraldine, Marcel and fluffyfreak

So if you think you want to try just let me know, right now it is s2odan and of course Pinback and myself (but we are kept busy with all the other site areas)

Thanks everyone, and really I just want to make sure Pioneer forum isn't neglected and filled with non-useful information. This goes for the download area as well, I can assign a moderator for this area too if it is needed.

-D1-

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Congratulations to both Brianetta and s20dan. I am sure you guys will do a great job.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

It's just s2odan, Brianetta respectfully declined. Unless Geraldine wants to be a moderator......? 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Darkone, I would love to as I am always keen to help you out in any I can, but it's all I can do right now to mod for the Frontier Forum, am up to my eyes in post authorisation at the moment as 20,000 + people are joining up. I am really missing my SSC and Amibay fix too as all I can do for now is pop in and out for a quick visit.

Special note for Robn: Fear not though I will make time to update ModDB when the new Alpha for this month is ready

It's worth it though because it's great to see the Frontier Forum so busy after all these years and it will calm down....um..eventually. How about one of the other contributors?

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

...  to mod for the Frontier Forum, am up to my eyes in post authorisation at the moment as 20,000 + people are joining up.

Having just posted there, may I request priority authorisation, please? <chortles>

Ah - already done - good!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I am doing my best Cody

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

<nods>  I do a fair bit of first-post approval/disapproval on the Oolite forum - not as hectic as you, though.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Oh its busy alright Cody, I am tabbing between there and here as I write this. Will need a new F5 key soon for my keyboard

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)
Warrant Officer Registered

i am more than willing to throw my hat in the ring if another hand is required.

ReplyQuote