Notifications
Clear all

Things related to Scout+

Page 8 / 9

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Sorry about that Vuzz, but the video has since been taken down from public viewing and I will be damned if I can remember what it was in the first place!

Nevermind, here have a listen to this instead, says pretty much what I think of the wonderful work you guys put into this game.

ReplyQuote
sapog662
(@sapog662)
Master Chief Registered

К моему сожалению, я до сих пор читаю объявления с истекшим сроком годности. Дорогой друг walterar, можно ли настроить отображение времени в Би-би-си миссий и их сроки годности? Если да, то где это место в коде?

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@sapog662 Please, post here the saved game where this problem appears.  

ReplyQuote
sapog662
(@sapog662)
Master Chief Registered

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@sqapog662 I see the problem, but I can not do a repeat on my machine.    What happens is very rare, I will continue investigating.  

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

I'm disconcerted for not being able to reproduce this. Please, I need to know if anyone else has this problem. 

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I haven't seen that, but I have another issue. I'm trying to make a mod of Vuzz's skybox for SP24. I looked at the files and saw that ub3.dds is the one that is used for Sol. The mod works until I change the density of the stars from 25%. When I change the star density, the skybox changes too. When I change the density back to 25% it doesn't restore Vuzz's skybox. The only solution I've found is to delete config.ini and leave the star density alone. Is there a way to decouple the skybox selection from the star density selection?

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
I see an ugly interaction with skybox when the density of the star field is modified. :O 

Clearly needs a little more work in #3431 .

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Thanks for bringing me up to date on that. The skybox is a temporary thing, so I don't expect our coders will work on it. I'm almost ready to upload the mod. It will have versions for Pioneer and Scout Plus. I'll add to the readme, "Don't Touch The Density Slider!"

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

In Scout, skybox is not temporary. It is a feature that is here to stay. Unless it is replaced by something definitely better. 

ReplyQuote
KrYcHokE
(@krychoke)
Crewman Registered

Hello, sorry my bad english 🙂 I have a question about stars colour, i wish change this to pioneers standart white, what have i do it ?

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Hello KrYcHokE Welcome! 

In the folder: pioneersp/data/textures/skybox/

1) Delete the files default.dds, ub0.dds, ub0.dds, ub1.dds, ub2.dds, ub3.dds, ub4.dds, ub5.dds, ub6.dds, ub7.dds, ub8.dds and ub9 .dds

2) Copy here, the default.dds file, from Pioneer vanilla

Enjoy 

ReplyQuote
KrYcHokE
(@krychoke)
Crewman Registered

This change skybox but stars colour not changed 🙁

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Sorry, I had not understood.

Here's the patch:

--- /pioneersp/src/Background.cpp
+++ /pioneer/src/Background.cpp
@@ -244,7 +244,7 @@
1000.0f * sqrt(1.0f - u*u) * cos(theta),
1000.0f * u,
1000.0f * sqrt(1.0f - u*u) * sin(theta));
- vtxPtr->col = Color(rand.Double(0.3, 0.5)*255, rand.Double(0.4,0.7 )*255, col, 255);
+ vtxPtr->col = Color(col, col, col, 255);

//need to keep data around for HS anim - this is stupid
m_hyperVtx[NUM_BG_STARS * 2 + i] = vtxPtr->pos;

ReplyQuote
KrYcHokE
(@krychoke)
Crewman Registered

How do I use it ?

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

If you want that, you must modify the source code and compile to create a new executable with the changes.  

The Scout+ source code can find it here: https://github.com/walterar/pioneer-sp.git

ReplyQuote
KrYcHokE
(@krychoke)
Crewman Registered

Oh... Yes i find it, thanks 🙂

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I saw something interesting while approaching a station at slow speed. There were two SP Tankers at station-keeping. A ship approached the station and crashed into one of them. The collision knocked the tanker out of alignment! As I got closer to the station I noticed that the tanker was rotating. I got closer and took these pictures as it slowly tumbled around.

[attachment=3256:Screenshot from 2015-10-15 1928.png]

[attachment=3257:Screenshot from 2015-10-15 1951.png]

[attachment=3258:Screenshot from 2015-10-15 1909.png]

[attachment=3259:Screenshot from 2015-10-15 1925.png]

[attachment=3260:Screenshot from 2015-10-15 1945.png]

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

The commander and the rest of the crew of that great ship, drunks, sure.  

I think we need control the sale of alcohol. 

ReplyQuote
Mack
 Mack
(@mack)
Petty Officer Registered

I saw something interesting while approaching a station at slow speed. There were two SP Tankers at station-keeping. A ship approached the station and crashed into one of them. The collision knocked the tanker out of alignment! As I got closer to the station I noticed that the tanker was rotating. I got closer and took these pictures as it slowly tumbled around.

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2015-10-15 1928.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2015-10-15 1951.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2015-10-15 1909.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2015-10-15 1925.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2015-10-15 1945.png

Physics Engine works

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Hah that's a funny interaction with the random number generator 😀

it's caused by the fact that the starfield fill and the skybox selection use the same random number generator 

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I found something odd in SP28. I sent John Scout back to Lave from DSC 5271-3+3 to wait for SP29. When he arrived in the system he got a message that his hyperdrive needed servicing. He only did three jumps since he was spawned. When he got to the station the service department said his ship was in perfect working order.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
It's an old false alarm that I must solve (perhaps in G29),   luckily the true state is showed in Damage Control.

I think G29 will have no trouble with old savegames of G28, but it is convenient jump to some nearby and small uninhabited system, and save the game there before changing version.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Hi walterar! I've found a bug. I'm still using SP29 and Pioneer 20160525-linux64. It occurs in both versions.
When I do a rough landing using speed control with the landing gear retracted I pass through the ground. I can move up above the surface, lower my gear and land normally. I saw some discussions about landing tags on the developers forum so I wonder if this issue has been fixed. I don't know if I should bring it up.
Also, in SP29, every time an avatar enters an inhabited system it arrives in the middle of a battle. Four or five ships battle amongst themselves. It even happened at Sol!

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@Marcel Thank you for always being there. 😉

To land on a planet is necessary to lower the landing gear. That which you have observed was always there, is a problem of the generator of land that may someday be solved.

These scenes of battles should not appear in the solar system; But I have just seen that in certain circumstances this is not fulfilled. I already have the solution and will be applied in the next version of Scout.

Try the G30 version, it's worth it.

Remember that you will always find the latest version of Pioneer Scout Plus here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pioneersp/

PS: I miss the old SSC :'(

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 9