Notifications
Clear all

Things related to Scout+

Page 9 / 9

Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Yesterday Johanna arrived in a system without a battle, so it doesn't happen every time.
Scout Plus is too big to download with my slow internet connection. I have to impose on someone with broadband, so I'm always behind the times.
Thank YOU for always being here!

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

The solution would be to make a version upgrade package. Actually, changes from one version to another take up very little space and there are very "heavy" things that are usually repeated. For example music or models. I'm going to work on that and I'll keep you posted.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

That would be very nice of you. Alternatively, you could make it available as a torrent. My dial-up connection resets every few hours and aborts the download, but a torrent continues where it left off.
I noticed that you changed the star density in SP29. It makes the skybox Milky Way mods obsolete. I can't find the files here since the update, but for anyone that has them, the solution is to rename the texture file to ub2.dds.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@Marcel. I think I can make an update from G29 to G30 that occupies only 9 MB. 🙂
I have to try it well.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I should be able to download that in half an hour. Thank you! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I'm now sorry I made you do all that work. I just found a cheap DSL modem on craigslist, so I subscribed to broadband from my phone company at a price I think I can afford. I'll be back in the 21st century when they turn it on next week. B)

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 9