Notifications
Clear all

Buildings slows down game dramatically

pirogronian
(@pirogronian)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

At first, sorry for my English.

I have dramatically drop of game fps (down to 2-3, making interaction not real time), when any buildings enters a viewport. I know, from another topic, that textured objects and WafeFront models are "fps killers". They are present in game data, but I'm not very experienced user. Is there anybody who can help me with solve or overcome problem with this slowing down objects? Is there any mod or replacement for it? Is deleting this files the only sollution (assumpting, that this won't crash game...)?

I have poor, but hopely basically sufficient hardware:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo

RAM: 6GB

Graf: nVidia GeForce 8600GTM with legacy nVidia driver

pioneer version: 20160129-1 (package version)

impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator

Hi!

Maybe silly question but have you tried to  ower City size / detail in Options?

It's unclear to me if you're saying that pioneer used to be faster for you. If this is the case, then it might help to know when (which version) was significantly faster then the current version.

Good luck, and fly safe.

ReplyQuote
pirogronian
(@pirogronian)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi!

Maybe silly question but have you tried to  ower City size / detail in Options?

It's unclear to me if you're saying that pioneer used to be faster for you. If this is the case, then it might help to know when (which version) was significantly faster then the current version.

Good luck, and fly safe.

Well, I forgot to metion it, I've already set all graphics quality factors to lowest values. So city details (I don't see options for size) is at "very low", as well as planet fractals. I've also switched off planet textures and multisampling.

I just started adventure with pioneer, so mentonied version is my first, as well as gaming experiences.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

The problemis the "nVidia GeForce 8600GTM with legacy nVidia driver" which is now very low-end, this is a laptop that you are running the game on?

The previous threads that you found were discussing very old versions of the game.

With such an old card you might want to open up the file "config.ini" and change the line: "DisableEclipse=0" to "DisableEclipse=1" as this will improve the fps a bit.

ReplyQuote
pirogronian
(@pirogronian)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

The problemis the "nVidia GeForce 8600GTM with legacy nVidia driver" which is now very low-end, this is a laptop that you are running the game on?

Well, this card can run flightgear and scorched3d rather smoothely, so I'm a bit disappointed, thaf few buildings, which is not nessessery part of game for me, could make the game nearly unplayable...

With such an old card you might want to open up the file "config.ini" and change the line: "DisableEclipse=0" to "DisableEclipse=1" as this will improve the fps a bit.

Well, this helped 🙂 Thanks, I wouldn't supose...

ReplyQuote