Infinity, Noctis, Space Engine, and Others

Page 2 / 2

bchimself
(@bchimself)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
jtmedina wrote:
And you are elitist and arrogant.

Let's stay on topic here and try to grow up a bit, mkay thanks.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

jtmedina wrote:
Brianetta wrote:
Youngsters (-:

Hey chill dude, Brian's cool and I'm sorry for opening this can of worms on you Brian I was only playing around 🙂

I can actually totally understand Brian's perspective, give me another 5 years and I'll probably be in the same boat 🙂

ReplyQuote
jtmedina
(@jtmedina)
Petty Officer Registered

bchimself wrote:
jtmedina wrote:

Let's stay on topic here and try to grow up a bit, mkay thanks.

I am not the one behaving like a narrow minded kid... 😉

ReplyQuote
jtmedina
(@jtmedina)
Petty Officer Registered

s2odan wrote:
jtmedina wrote:
Brianetta wrote:
Youngsters (-:

Hey chill dude, Brian's cool and I'm sorry for opening this can of worms on you Brian I was only playing around 🙂

I can actually totally understand Brian's perspective, give me another 5 years and I'll probably be in the same boat 🙂

You know that's not realistic. People have to eat and pay the mortgage and they'll go on the platform that gives they money.

Everything else is just an illusion for people who don't live a real life with real personal problems.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Ok, you've said your bit. That's enough. Keep in on-topic and leave the personal attacks out.

ReplyQuote
jtmedina
(@jtmedina)
Petty Officer Registered

robn wrote:
Ok, you've said your bit. That's enough. Keep in on-topic and leave the personal attacks out.

Ok I'll leave it, but I didn't start it.

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered

Come on, let's all get along. IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! 😀 😀 😀

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Harvey Korman and Tim Conway were in the dressing room between takes for the Carol Burnett Show. They were both depressed and talking about their personal problems when suddenly they realized that they were both wearing chicken suits. The whole absurdity of life, the universe and everything caused them both to burst out laughing in an epiphany that changed them both forever. Remember, we're all wearing chicken suits here.

Happy generic mid-winter holidays to you all!

Now what was that topic again?

ReplyQuote
bchimself
(@bchimself)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Marcel wrote:
Now what was that topic again?

I think someone else mentioned they play Minecraft. If anyone is interested, my buddy and I have been playing since alpha and have a server up. If anyone would like to join and get permissions, please let me know. We need more players! Currently we are building a huge Dwarven city (dubbed Ironforge for now until it's done) and we need more people working on it.

I'm going to plug my buddy's YT channel as he's really big into the YT scene and could always use more subscribers. He and I both work on Battlefield 3 videos together and we collaborate on Minecraft videos (hoping to start some time lapse videos soon). He is helping me out with getting more views, etc, so I might as well help him out a bit too.

HeRorikGaming

CHECK IT OUT!

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Here's one more Noctis story. For those unfamiliar with it, you are an alien feline entity that walks on all fours and has a spacecraft that kind of looks like a litterbox with a dome on top that you use to explore a procedural galaxy. You are able to travel through any type of environment, so I imagined myself wearing an environmental suit looking something like an Aibo. The game auto-saves on exit, so when you start it up again you are automatically in the same place you left. It has the cool feature of starting with the view lower than normal, then raising it up when you're ready to go, giving the impression of standing up from a resting, sphinx position.

I left the game on the shore of an ocean, nice view with some intriguing islands offshore. When I returned there were two animals on the beach, looking for clams or something. When I stood up they startled and jumped into the water. Cat that I was, I had to chase them. I swam after one and managed to catch up with it, but it there was no interaction with it, so I got bored with it and let it go. I no can haz alien? Meow!

As for the crappy graphics, yeah even for the time they weren't the best, but this was back in the DOS days. Even now, if trees and rocks and crystals of that quality were added to Pioneer it would be kind of awesome.

ReplyQuote
bchimself
(@bchimself)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Marcel wrote:
Here's one more Noctis story. For those unfamiliar with it, you are an alien feline entity that walks on all fours and has a spacecraft that kind of looks like a litterbox with a dome on top that you use to explore a procedural galaxy. You are able to travel through any type of environment, so I imagined myself wearing an environmental suit looking something like an Aibo. The game auto-saves on exit, so when you start it up again you are automatically in the same place you left. It has the cool feature of starting with the view lower than normal, then raising it up when you're ready to go, giving the impression of standing up from a resting, sphinx position.

I left the game on the shore of an ocean, nice view with some intriguing islands offshore. When I returned there were two animals on the beach, looking for clams or something. When I stood up they startled and jumped into the water. Cat that I was, I had to chase them. I swam after one and managed to catch up with it, but it there was no interaction with it, so I got bored with it and let it go. I no can haz alien? Meow!

As for the crappy graphics, yeah even for the time they weren't the best, but this was back in the DOS days. Even now, if trees and rocks and crystals of that quality were added to Pioneer it would be kind of awesome.

You're making me want to play again. I had such a legit planet naming/categorization technique. It was very systematic but you could tell every bit of info about the planet before even entering orbit. I named at least a few hundred. I wonder if theyve come in handy for anyone else. It was an SP game, but you would upload your saves onto the main serv, and every month or so they would release the next version complete with any new user created content. Kind of like Spore.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2