Notifications
Clear all

money cheat

eran100
(@eran100)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

i heard there is money cheat to this game, how can i get it?

Metamartian
(@metamartian)
Warrant Officer Registered

there certainly is....CTRL+m

ReplyQuote
eran100
(@eran100)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

ty

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)

You are welcome.

ReplyQuote
VladVoivode
(@vladvoivode)
Crewman Registered

I see that this has been removed. I was still getting used to the game and was curious why the ctrl-M cheat was removed.

ReplyQuote
NeuralKernel
(@neuralkernel)

There's a new money cheat...

open the in-game console (the ` or ~ button) and type

import("Game").player:AddMoney(N)

Where N is the amount of money you want

ReplyQuote
lwho
 lwho
(@lwho)
Petty Officer Registered

I see that this has been removed. I was still getting used to the game and was curious why the ctrl-M cheat was removed.

Because cheating is evil and shall only be accessible to the devilopers

😀

No, I don't know actually. I think, it has something to do with the switch to New UI.

(and yes, I know how to spell developer )

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Implementation detail. Money has been moved out to the Lua environment which makes it a bit harder for the core input handler (where Ctrl-M is picked up) to adjust it.

Because it can be done via console, and its really a developer hack that won't exist in the final game, I felt no particular attachment to it.

You could write a function in your console.lua to make this easier. Or for extra credit, a mod that bumps your money up on game start.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I agree that it shouldn't be in the "final game" if there ever is such a thing but for now, when game saves are occasionally broken, it's really nice to be able to hack up my ship, equipment and the money I had so I don't feel that I'm totally starting over. I'm sure that people could hex-edit the save file if they want to cheat. I like to think that people will be continually improving this game for many years to come, and I will never live to see a final version.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Its always going to be possible to do that sort of thing with the console.

ReplyQuote
DerrickMoore
(@derrickmoore)
Petty Officer Registered

Its always going to be possible to do that sort of thing with the console.

Yay! Robn loves us and wants us to be happy!

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

i think as more content and ways of doing things n the game world is fleshed out, there will be less need to use the money cheat.  Eventual mining, more diverse missions, perhaps other ways of raising resources, ie building youe own parts out of materials mined.  And whatever else contributors might come up with.  Faction parts are a idea, slightly better than regular equipment with a small boost but only available from certain planet types, faction types ( think eve online and their factional weapons, ships and equipment)

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Yay! Robn loves us and wants us to be happy!

Well yes, but that's not entirely why 😉

The console can do anything a game script can do. More and more of the game logic is moving out to scripts, so the console continues to get more and more powerful 🙂

ReplyQuote