Notifications

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 precent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

Pioneer Download Area on SSC  

RSS

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
November 4, 2016 6:59 am  

Hi Everyone

As most of you know I have been working on converting the site over to more this decade software technology 🙂

So in doing so I need to download all of the mods and files from Pioneer download area. I see a lot of files here, can anyone give some insight to what is still a valid download that hasn't been included in latest Pioneer release?

I see a lot of ship mods for A23 and A24 are those still valid?

Basically I want to flush anything old and not being used or compile mods into packages if that helps as well. Since I am moving the site I might as well clean up while I am at it.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Because I have to manually download these files one at a time and its a real pain in the ass. So trying not to go numb downloading 100+ mods if I don't have too.

-D1-

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered
November 4, 2016 7:27 am  

Hi D1. Many of those older ship mods were incorporated into Vuzz's Genesia but I know there is a heck of a lot of other mods there too. Gernot created so much content back then. Might I suggest maybe PM'ing him as he will know for sure. As for Genesia, Vuzz created a thread here that listed all the ships it contained. It's an amazing amount! :girlcrazy:

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captian Registered
November 6, 2016 4:48 am  

Oh boy I have no idea 🙁

I grabbed a few to check and I don't think any of the older alpha ships / stations will work with current Pioneer releases.

Geraldine is right though that they will work with Genesia which was essentially a frozen version just before the new model system. Makes it a bit of a mess figuring out what goes where I guess.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
November 6, 2016 5:55 pm  

Hmmm. I PM'd Gernot and he has yet to reply.

But I might just start downloading them all any way and maybe just stick them in a archive labeled A23_Ship_Models and A24_Ship_Models. This way they are still available but its all in one package. I will try to be descriptive in the file renaming if I can since the new download area will be more integrated with wordpress and it will be more of ftp/file explorer style interface that people should be used too. So no fancy screenshots or text any more. I couldn't find a plugin that replicates that IPB functionality for WP.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
November 6, 2016 5:58 pm  

Actually after looking at the download count for pre A24 downloads there wasn't many so I will only save A24 and above.

So if people want those get them while you can 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
November 6, 2016 6:48 pm  

Fluffyfreak on your Lanner ship model, is that for a specific version of Pioneer or does it need a minimum version to run?

ReplyQuote
impaktor
(@impaktor)
Senior Chief Registered
November 6, 2016 9:52 pm  

Didn't the lanner go into Scout+ a few years ago, and is now alive and well there?

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captian Registered
November 6, 2016 11:41 pm  

The Lanner should work with current Pioneer too. 

ReplyQuote
Share: