Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

Ok , see there is nobody who's compiling here ^^

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I put out a shout for any Mac users to come forward with regards to compiling a version for OSX.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

Hi 

it's about compilation , each time i make it , i've alway the exec and the .dll extention separate , what is the lmethod to have only a big exec with .dll include ? 

Small up, 

Really nobody to explain me the way to joint the .dll into the pioneer.exec ? 

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Sorry Vuzz didn't see your message.

You cannot do it without quite a bit of work on your part. You will need to find all of the libraries that Pioneer uses and rebuild all of them to be statically linked libraries, then you will need to setup the Pioneer project to use them as statically linked libraries.

This will require some effort if you're talking about the MSVC build of Pioneer.

Do you want to know more about how to do it?

Andy

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

@Andy

"Do you want to know more about how to do it?"

Yes , but if you want you can send me the process by MP ..

Thanks a lot in advance for that 

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Well start by gathering the source code for all of the libraries which we use, you're going to have to compile it all yourself for this to work.

Also Vuzz, I _really_ wouldn't recommend this, it'd take me at least 2 to 3 days of hard work.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

Well start by gathering the source code for all of the libraries which we use, you're going to have to compile it all yourself for this to work.

Also Vuzz, I _really_ wouldn't recommend this, it'd take me at least 2 to 3 days of hard work.

Really ? 

Ok,  so forget that , it's too much work for less benefit ^^ 

However, thanks for you advice Andy 

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

so has the list of active contributors on this game since dropped back since xmas ?

ReplyQuote
piotrando1
(@piotrando1)
Crewman Registered

Hi, I just downloaded the game for windows 7 and after opening I can only see a black screen with stars rotating all the time with no menu. Can someone please help ??

Thank you

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

What kind of graphics adapter you have? Pioneer doesn't work well with integrated Intel cards for example. And there were some issues with outdated nvidia drivers recently, so you might want to try updating it.

You can also try disabling the eclipse shader:

pioneer.exe -g DisableEclipse=1

or shaders (I'm not sure if this option does anything recently, but you can give it a shot):

pioneer.exe -g DisableShaders=1

ReplyQuote
piotrando1
(@piotrando1)
Crewman Registered

Thanks, how do I disable this, wjere should I enter the command ?

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

Create a shortcut to pioneer.exe, and add it to the targer field. Or you can use the command line.

ReplyQuote
piotrando1
(@piotrando1)
Crewman Registered

Hi, Thanks for a tip, Just did it and it still doesnt work, I tried running as admin also try to change compatibility mode, but still after launching the game its not on full screen and also the only thing visible is rotating universe with Stars. My card is integrated Inte one not sure how else can this be resolved. :(. Its such a great game and it sucks that id will not run on my pc. Perhaps you know any other tricks ? 🙂

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

nope ive got intergrated intel chip card and pioneer runs fine for me- adjust the graphics settings perhaps

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Can you post the contents of your OpenGL.txt file.

Also what operating system are you running? What Intel GPU is it? Need a bit more info to help 🙂

ReplyQuote
NeuralKernel
(@neuralkernel)

I haven't been able to run the game for a few versions now, it does happen with the occasional release so I didn't bother bringing it up until a few releases in a row had problems.

I ran it from the console to see what errors came up and I'm getting this...

eric@eric-GF7100-7050PVT-M3:~/Downloads/pioneer-20140323-linux32$ ./pioneer

./pioneer: error while loading shared libraries: libassimp.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

eric@eric-GF7100-7050PVT-M3:~/Downloads/pioneer-20140323-linux32$

So what am I missing, exactly? Anyone know what's gone wrong?

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

Assimp missing libraries. Apparently, the distribution of 32 bits (of Robn) not incorporate it into the executable (static libraries). 

You have three possibilities: 

1) Install the libraries assimp3 

2) Download the Win32 version and run it under Wine 

3) Change Linux 32 by 64

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

I haven't been able to run the game for a few versions now, it does happen with the occasional release so I didn't bother bringing it up until a few releases in a row had problems.

So what am I missing, exactly? Anyone know what's gone wrong?

You're lucky I happened to read this - I'm not following this forum much at the moment. Next time, please report an issue on the tracker. Or even email me directly.

Anyway yes, the Linux build environments have been subtly broken for a few weeks. I didn't know about it before reading this, but they've been doing a dynamic build instead of a static one. I obviously screwed up during the GCC version meltdown a few weeks ago and didn't set them back up correctly.

I'm fixing them now. The next build should be good.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Folks!

I was just about to start the ModDB update today with the latest 20140630 build, but I am getting crashes when loading new save games or going through the UI menus, shown below

Crash_zps9f9cfec9.jpg

This is making me hesitant to upload it to ModDB. Are their any fixes in the next build? Should I hold off till then?

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

Hi!

Yes, there were quite some activity in the past several days. Lua driven equipment made into the game for example, but there are some stuff the guys ironing out continuously. It should be better in a few days.

Also there was a save bump, so older saves won't work. 

Anyway, if there's some crash that isn't on the tracker, please report it. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Ok, thanks for that nozmajner.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Yeah its a bit broken right now 🙂

Coming back together though!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Is there any chance you guys could let me know in this thread once its stable again, then I will upload it right away, pretty please with a Plasma Accelerator on top?

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

I'll try to remember 🙂

It's getting better rapidly it was just a HUGE piece of work and it has caused a few issues.

ReplyQuote
laarmen
(@laarmen)
Petty Officer Registered

Yep, sorry about the crashes, most of them were more or less my fault.

However, I *think* most of the bugs have either been fixed already on master, or their patches are awaiting review on GitHub, so I'd say everything should get back to relative normalcy in a couple of days.

ReplyQuote
Page 48 / 52