Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] !! Pioneer Question Time !! - Ask them here

Page 49 / 52

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Yep, sorry about the crashes, most of them were more or less my fault.

However, I *think* most of the bugs have either been fixed already on master, or their patches are awaiting review on GitHub, so I'd say everything should get back to relative normalcy in a couple of days.

Not to worry laarmen, these things happen from time to time, expected even. In fact the most surprising thing, to me at least, is that this sort of thing does not happen more often. Its a credit that is down to you folks and your dedication to the project.

ReplyQuote
Thunderchild
(@thunderchild)
Crewman Registered

Hi as I am something of a technical moron and want to give Pioneer a go, can anybody tell me how to run it please. I downloaded it and when i tried to run it nothing happened as it wanted me to tell it what Program to use. as I said im a bit of a duffer on the tech side. Any help gratefully recieved

ReplyQuote
Thunderchild
(@thunderchild)
Crewman Registered

Hi as I am something of a technical moron and want to give Pioneer a go, can anybody tell me how to run it please. I downloaded it and when i tried to run it nothing happened as it wanted me to tell it what Program to use. as I said im a bit of a duffer on the tech side. Any help gratefully recieved

Got it sorted now, no probs yet

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

Hi

1. Unfortunatelly not yet.

2. Hydrogen for both flight and hyperspace. Military fuel for hyperspace if you have military drive. You can refuel your flight tanks, but you

3. I didn't hade any full spaceports anywhere recently. Rarely even meet any npc. Which version are you using?

Usually they fly away after a few days, depending on their cargo capacity. Try landing on the ground near the station and wait a couple of days on timeaccel.

ReplyQuote
Icon
 Icon
(@icon)
Petty Officer Registered

Hey@alll

Today I have downloaded the latest version of Pioneer (pioneer-20140926-win32) but it wont work for me, because the Game freezes after two minutes .

The older Version (pioneer-20140924-win32) works very well.

My System:

Intel Core i7 2,80 Ghz

8 GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 480

Win7 64 Bit

P.s. I love the new 3D Cockpit, it's amazing!!!

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Hey Icon, when you say it "freezes" can you give more information?

Does it crash to desktop, or does a red message box appear with an error in it?

Also there should be a file called "output.txt" in your "My Documents/Pioneer" folder, could you post that here or on PasteBin so we can see if it's got information about the crash in it?

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Icon
 Icon
(@icon)
Petty Officer Registered

Thx for your answer, and no there is no CtD, the Mouse-cursor from Pioneer stutters and stops , than the normal bilnking Windows loading circle pops up, and i can hear that the Fan from my Graphic Card slow down and than nothing happens, the Game freezes and that happened repeatedly after 1 or 2 Minutes.

When i press Strg+alt+enf the Windows Task Manager show me that Pioneer gives no more feedback .

So i posted the Text from the Output file on"Pastbin".

And thank you again for your Support and this wonderful Game and sorry for my bad English 🙁

ReplyQuote
lwho
 lwho
(@lwho)
Petty Officer Registered

So i posted the Text from the Output file on"Pastbin".

Umm, you should probably give us the link, since at least my crystal ball broke in a rough landing 😉

ReplyQuote
Icon
 Icon
(@icon)
Petty Officer Registered

Ups, sorry   forget to copy the Link.

http://pastebin.com/pBScJ1gS

ReplyQuote
iionTichy
(@iiontichy)
Crewman Registered

Hi ,

five days ago i downloaded a 7z-Pioneer-file that is named :

pioneer-20141120-win32.7z

after unpacking i tried to run the executable ... now i am wondering if there is a 64bit version

because XP comptibility mode won't work properly with that Pioneer32 executable and there is no installation menue opening

but just a white window named "Pioneer" and a quite small 2nd window named :

"Pioneer warning"  that says : "openGL error(s) during frame: GL_INVALID_VALUE"               

... it has an "OK"-Button in the lower right corner.

Well, i never made anything work with that ... XP-"compatibility-mode" anyway on that 64 bit machine with that 64bit win7 version.

Systeminfo:

CPU  i7-2670QM  2.2GHz   but win-cmd says 1.9 GHz

GeForce GTX 560 M  with 3 GB

Ram 8 GB

Thanks and Greetings

iion

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

Hi.

There's no 64bit version for windows.

There were some issues with openGL in some recent versions, but a fixed one will come in a day or so. For me, 20141128 is already working.

Why are you using XP compatibility mode? Pioneer 32bit should run fine on a 64 bit win7 (it does for me).

(also: nice nick 🙂 )

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Pioneer runs just fine as a 32-bit exe on 64 bit Windows machines, I develop on 64-bit Windows and build a 32-bit exe.

As Nozmajner says there was a bug with the OpenGL work but that fixed now and there is a new version available to download.

Andy

ReplyQuote
iionTichy
(@iiontichy)
Crewman Registered

thx a lot , you two !

20141128 works on my notebook too 🙂

i played it last 2 days and it makes me happy.

iion

ReplyQuote
Wilson
(@wilson)
Crewman Registered

How do I get my hyperdrive to work again please? Gettig it serviced makes no difference, neither does selling it and buying another one. Also, how do I uninstall the progam? I'd like to install the latest release but I can't. I have Revo Uninstaller Pro but it can't find it either. Any help/advice greatly appreciated, Thanks.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

You need to have enough fuel for the hyperdrive to work, there's two types of drives: One uses the hydrogen, the "military drive" uses "military fuel". You can buy it from the commodities market.

You don't need to uninstall Pioneer, just delete the games folder, it doesn't "install" in the first place.

ReplyQuote
sbarrumba
(@sbarrumba)
Crewman Registered

question... (and sorry for my english 🙂 )  

there isn't the possibility to buysell in the market fastly.

Now i must click many time with left mouse botton. This is not a problem if i buysell small quantity of products.... but if I buy/sell many articles in the market is not really a nice method... anyone have a solution?

ReplyQuote
Arrakkh
(@arrakkh)
Senior Chief Registered

I just downloaded the last build, time acceleration doesn't work anymore! I can't run 32 AU in real time as it takes some days, too much realism hurts a bit 🙂

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Arrakkh what OS are you using? I've just tried the latest win32 build and time acceleration works fine.

ReplyQuote
Arrakkh
(@arrakkh)
Senior Chief Registered

wi

Arrakkh what OS are you using? I've just tried the latest win32 build and time acceleration works fine.

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

It works for me too (win7 64bit, 20150205).

Isn't there any other ship around you? They won't let you time-accelerate.

ReplyQuote
Arrakkh
(@arrakkh)
Senior Chief Registered

It works for me too (win7 64bit, 20150205).

Isn't there any other ship around you? They won't let you time-accelerate.

Never mind, now it works. The first time I opened it there was this problem, I don't know why, now it works perfectly

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

Keep an eye on it though, it might be a heisenbug (not appearing when you look for it 🙂 ). 

ReplyQuote
zenone
(@zenone)
Crewman Registered

Hi ,

five days ago i downloaded a 7z-Pioneer-file that is named :

pioneer-20141120-win32.7z

after unpacking i tried to run the executable ... now i am wondering if there is a 64bit version

because XP comptibility mode won't work properly with that Pioneer32 executable and there is no installation menue opening

but just a white window named "Pioneer" and a quite small 2nd window named :

"Pioneer warning"  that says : "openGL error(s) during frame: GL_INVALID_VALUE"               

... it has an "OK"-Button in the lower right corner.

Well, i never made anything work with that ... XP-"compatibility-mode" anyway on that 64 bit machine with that 64bit win7 version.

Systeminfo:

CPU  i7-2670QM  2.2GHz   but win-cmd says 1.9 GHz

GeForce GTX 560 M  with 3 GB

Ram 8 GB

Thanks and Greetings

iion

same problem here, while the "simulating evolution..." i get a "open_gl error during frame: GL_INVALID OPERATION"

i'm on windows 8.1

CPU  i7-4810  2.8GHz  

GeForce GTX870 M  with 6 GB

what should i do? =(

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Bunch of things to check. Open the "opengl.txt" file and paste the top section into a reply so we can see what GPU your machine is actually using... you'll see why below.

First: Check that you have the latest drivers for your nVidia.

Second: This is on a laptop so open the "NVIDIA Control Panel", go to "Manage 3D Settings" and under the "Global Settings" section change the dropdown to "High-performance NVIDIA processor".

There's no way for an application to tell the laptop which GU to use and by default it will use the integrated GPU instead of the nVidia so it's worth checking to see which GPU has been used.

ReplyQuote
zenone
(@zenone)
Crewman Registered

Bunch of things to check. Open the "opengl.txt" file and paste the top section into a reply so we can see what GPU your machine is actually using... you'll see why below.

First: Check that you have the latest drivers for your nVidia.

Second: This is on a laptop so open the "NVIDIA Control Panel", go to "Manage 3D Settings" and under the "Global Settings" section change the dropdown to "High-performance NVIDIA processor".

There's no way for an application to tell the laptop which GU to use and by default it will use the integrated GPU instead of the nVidia so it's worth checking to see which GPU has been used.

omg thanks man

i usually run pioneer clicking with the right button on the exe and then clickin' "run with hight-performance nvidia processor"

it usually works (with other games) but not with pioneer 

i set the nvidia processor on the control panel, as you suggest, and now it works!

thanks a lot =)

ReplyQuote
Page 49 / 52