Forum

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 precent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

[Sticky] !! Pioneer Question Time !! - Ask them here  

Page 52 / 52
  RSS

PabloSanchezGrobet
(@pablosanchezgrobet)
Petty Officer Registered
October 6, 2016 7:18 am  

Thanks, Walterar! It's awesome, by the way. I've been playin a few days.

ReplyQuote
Shodan
(@shodan)
Petty Officer Registered
May 19, 2017 1:52 pm  

How do you determine the m/s^2 from thrust when looking at ships in the shipyard? They only show G and Delta-v (which i guess is a speed limit or some kind?), but the value that would be most useful to me is m/s^2 (how much actual acceleration the ship gains from given thrust for the mass). You can see this when you already own the ship in the ship stats.

Also is there a fix for launching pioneer from steam w/ overlay? I get an OpenGL error and the fonts in-game are messed up.

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)
Warrant Officer Registered
May 19, 2017 5:53 pm  

Just multiply the G value by 10 (*9.81 really, but *10 is easier to do in your head).
You could treat deltaV as a speed limit of sort. It's the capacity of your ship to change it's speed. Like that would be your velocity if you would get to with your propellant if you would burn it all. So consider it as mileage. Burn about half of it (or half the distance to your target, whichever comes first), then use the other half to decelerate.
But it also defines your travel speed. Quite more so than acceleration actually, especially for longer trips.

No fix for the overlay glitch. It seems to be a quite low level openGl issue if I recall what fluffyfreak said about it, and it isn't a trivial problem either.

ReplyQuote
Shodan
(@shodan)
Petty Officer Registered
May 19, 2017 11:12 pm  

ah so "g-force" is a misnomer, it's actually acceleration. good to know 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 52 / 52
Share: