Notifications
Clear all

small fixes and tweaks

Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

if you have perhaps installed "marcels" stations

you will get (probably) as result the "sealed spaceport" appearing in L.A.

[attachment=1165:Bildschirmfoto 2012-04-20 um 14.08.45.png]

perhaps you feel that thing is placed wrong here

as a solution to all scripted systems (not randomly generated, i.e. like "sol"), you can enter even a seed (:seed(#)) to any city (spacestation, starport).

this will influence size of the city and selection of the spaceport/spacestation.

i.e. if you put :seed(2) under "Los Angeles"

Code:
local earth_starports = {
CustomSBody:new('Shanghai', 'STARPORT_SURFACE')
:latitude(math.deg2rad(31))
:longitude(math.deg2rad(-121)),
CustomSBody:new('Mexico City', 'STARPORT_SURFACE')
:latitude(math.deg2rad(19))
:longitude(math.deg2rad(99)),
CustomSBody:new('London', 'STARPORT_SURFACE')
:latitude(math.deg2rad(51))
:longitude(0),
CustomSBody:new('Moscow', 'STARPORT_SURFACE')
:latitude(math.deg2rad(55))
:longitude(math.deg2rad(-37.5)),
CustomSBody:new('Brasilia', 'STARPORT_SURFACE')
:latitude(math.deg2rad(-15.5))
:longitude(math.deg2rad(48)),
CustomSBody:new('Los Angeles', 'STARPORT_SURFACE')
:seed(2)
:latitude(math.deg2rad(34))
:longitude(math.deg2rad(118)),
CustomSBody:new('Gates Spaceport', 'STARPORT_ORBITAL')
:semi_major_axis(f(100,100000))
:rotation_period(f(1,24*60*3)),

you get this as a result

[attachment=1166:Bildschirmfoto 2012-04-20 um 14.10.00.png]

looks quite more reasonable, no?

like i said this can be done for ANY spaceport or spacestation which isn't rand. generated.

e.g. if you like to have a different spacestation, because you feel it's to large or to small, just change resp. enter a seed.

since we havn't to much to select from it's easy and you will have a fitting one in between numbers from 0-9 with a very high chance.

let's fly to the moon and see what we find here...

that's ok πŸ˜‰

[attachment=1167:Bildschirmfoto 2012-04-20 um 14.27.50.png]

but anyway, if you dislike one, just follow that idea.

---

something different,

i still miss the "city" tagging ("_starport", "_power") πŸ˜₯

but i guess i know why, there is no need for such with only skyscrapers everywhere. boring imho.

(instead to have a little more like "hostile", "outdoor", (as a idea), we have less πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ )

i can live with skyscrapers on a outdoor world, but on a moon or a rocky planet?

if it's such hard to seperate hostile from outdoor, then why don't stand to something that looks more or less reasonable on both?

screenshot from FFED3D (potsmokes mod πŸ˜‰ )

i feel such will look also good on earth,

2011-05-07_185533.jpg

but on a moon? certainly not! yes they look a bit overaged, but just as comparison

fortunately FFE is able to seperate between hostile and outdoor (somewhat at least)

robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

potsmoke66 wrote:
i still miss the "city" tagging ("_starport", "_power") πŸ˜₯

but i guess i know why, there is no need for such with only skyscrapers everywhere. boring imho.

(instead to have a little more like "hostile", "outdoor", (as a idea), we have less πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ )

Its on an extended vacation, but not gone forever. I have half a rewrite done to make the whole city layout system much more powerful and useful, but it ran into some problems with terrain, and then I dropped it and went to work on something else. Don't worry, its not forgotten πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

robn wrote:
Its on an extended vacation, but not gone forever. I have half a rewrite done to make the whole city layout system much more powerful and useful, but it ran into some problems with terrain, and then I dropped it and went to work on something else. Don't worry, its not forgotten πŸ™‚

Last time I looked at my repository I think I had about 8 things in that state πŸ˜†

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

oh, i didn't thought it's forgotten πŸ˜€

Quote:
ran into some problems with terrain

i can imagine...

personally i have no real good solution to that, except the one (who was it? i forgot) presented once on the buildings thread, to put all on large tiles.

at least i liked the idea (and have something started in this direction, but the rand. scattering crosses my plans a bit)

or to flatten the terrain, i can accept to, with a little tear in my eyes. i will miss cities on hillsides.

but you can't have everything, or like we said "du chasch nüd's füüferli und's weggli haa" (you cant have the dime and the bread roll).

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

fluffyfreak wrote:
robn wrote:

Last time I looked at my repository I think I had about 8 things in that state πŸ˜†

Try 46 😯

ReplyQuote