I'm changing my pol...

Notifications
Clear all

I'm changing my politcal lean

ChillPenguin
(@chillpenguin)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Let me start by saying that I've been a conservative and Republican my entire adult life, but lately I have been finding myself veering away from the Grand Old Party. Conservativism is, or at least was, based on the principle of a small government that provides people with both personal and economic freedoms. Unfortunately now being a conservative seemingly means that you you want a big and powerful government, just like the liberals want. Initially I supported the status quo, keeping everything the way it has been, since while the world most certainly isn't perfect, it's still around and America is still the best and most powerful hegemony in the world.

Being a conservative has always meant that you disagree with the liberals, but now you're not only supposed to disagree with them, but you're supposed to hate them, harass them, and blame everything that ever goes wrong on them. These new leaders of conservativism such as Sarah Palin, they don't represent what I believe in. I have some very differing political beliefs, incorporating ideas from both parties.

For instance, I support gun ownership, abortion, animal rights, stem cell research, eugenics, genetics, Jonathanland independence, LGBT rights, prostitution, marijuana legalization, human cloning, womens' rights, teen rights, space exploration, energy conservation, environmental protection, Americanization, globalization, sexual freedoms, NATO, pro-Israel, pro-South Korea, lowering the age of consent to 13, and lowering the drinking age to 18. However I'm opposed to illegal immigration, censorship, government surveillance, recognition of the Palestinian Territories, terrorism, school uniforms, slavery, unethical business practices, creating an unfriendly environment for businesses, pork barrel projects, rewriting the US Constitution, Muslims who want special treatment, Westboro not-Baptist Church, and the death penalty. I'm mixed on issues such as the War on Terrorism, massive military spending, socialized healthcare, NAFTA, ban of fully automatic weapons, and socialized education. So I really just don't know where I stand anymore and am changing my political lean to independent.

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I’am with the VLF that’s the "Vegetable Liberation Font" to YOU.

our aim is to stop the whole sale massacre of vegetables on dinner plates the world over.

I say put an end to

Potatoes being chipped

Cabbage being boiled

And carrots being diced

Strike a blow for vegetables the world over "EAT MEAT".

ReplyQuote
SpaceRider
(@spacerider)
Senior Chief Registered

Hi Chill,

Respect for the braveness of telling your political attitude in such an open way.

To be honest, I gave up thinking in "blocks" already for already a long time. What we need to day are politicans who use their mind and not their mouth only, having a "long view" that provide practical solutions for almost all people, not only a special part of, and have focus on reality and not what others tell them the world looks like. Especially from German history, I know that it means when somebody separates the world in "good" and "bad", blames a minority always for all trouble and starts war if others do not want to follow. This is not the way to solve problems but the way to create new ones. The only way to make it right is to use your mind and finding solutions most of the people can support. That is why I admire e. g. Franklin D. Roosevelt who lead the USA through hard times, with clear positions and ideas and a long time strategy, basing on a vision that we are all depend on each other and nobody can solve problems alone. We DO need such people today, unfortunately we are lacking them, there are still too many "blockheads" in higher positions which truely is a common problem in many countries.

I wonder if this will change someday when mankind travels through space, but at least I hope so.

Regards

SpaceRider

ReplyQuote