Notifications
Clear all

Narrated Video Playthrough 1

Jabberwocky
(@jabberwocky)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Here’s a narrated playthrough video, starting at the beginning of the game. This one shows:

[*:foiznu0a]character selection

[*:foiznu0a]the tutorial

[*:foiznu0a]the first planet invasion mission

using the Drone Unity character.

There isn’t much space ship stuff in this first video, because you don’t earn a fighter ship until rank 2. I’m going to put up a series of these narrated videos, so we’ll get to the space ship stuff soon. 🙂

Looks best in fullscreen. direct youtube link

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Liked this a lot Jabberwocky and you really showed off a lot of the movement on the station and the interaction with the various NPC's on the station. I do have one question since you mentioned in the video that as you attain higher rank you will be basically in charge of your race and the orders of what to do next. But on a smaller scale when you were on the planet and the droids were helping you, do you have any commands you can give your squad or attack force?

Outside of that I think the tutorial covered all the basics and showed some nice gameplay, and the developer almost died in one of the beginning levels. That shows that the game isn't a cake walk even in the beginning 🙂 perfect!

ReplyQuote
DoctorRoXo
(@doctorroxo)
Senior Chief Registered

damn i really shouldn't have watched that video. i really wanted to play it before but now...now i need this game.

ReplyQuote
Jabberwocky
(@jabberwocky)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks guys! 🙂

When you reach faction commander, you issue orders through the galaxy map. You can colonize new planets, construct colony buildings and defense units, build new stations, and order assault missions. The interface is pretty simple, you just click on the planet and select what action you want. You're limited by the amount of resources you have, which are generated from your faction's colonies.

On the battlefield, your friendly troops act on their own. The only thing you can do is order a retreat, once you reach rank 5. It would certainly be interesting to add a tactical command feature, and I think it's a really cool idea. But being a space sim + shooter/arpg + strategy elements, it may be a bit too much stuff for one game. I'll keep it in mind though - once the game is released I'll get a better feeling of whether people think the game is too complicated or not already.

DarkOne wrote:
Outside of that I think the tutorial covered all the basics and showed some nice gameplay, and the developer almost died in one of the beginning levels. That shows that the game isn't a cake walk even in the beginning 🙂 perfect!

Granted, I was doing something kind of stupid! 😆

But yes, the game can quickly kill you if you're not quick on the controls. In space, missiles are the worst - you've got to be really fast at activating your EMP before the missile strikes your ship.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Any news of a demo yet ❓

ReplyQuote
DoctorRoXo
(@doctorroxo)
Senior Chief Registered

he told me that he has a demo but wants to wait for full release before he puts it out. progression can be transferred from demo to full game.

ReplyQuote
Jabberwocky
(@jabberwocky)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hey PINBACK -

Just to confirm - DoctorRoXo is right.

I plan on releasing a demo, but at the same time the game goes up for sale.

ReplyQuote
DoctorRoXo
(@doctorroxo)
Senior Chief Registered

well i doubt i'll bother with the demo. i'm just gonna get the game. btw june 5th would be a good release date 😆 it'd be a sweet b-day present!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I have an off the wall scenario question for you Jabberwocky. With you designing the game around a universe where the factions are doing there own thing and taking over systems/planets. Will it ever get to the point of your starting station/base getting attacked by the enemy if you just stunk and failed a lot of the missions?

ReplyQuote
Jabberwocky
(@jabberwocky)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Definitely! You can lose your starting base. You can even lose all your colonies and stations. If that happens, your faction will be defeated and that pretty much means you've lost the game. War is dangerous, and you need to do your best as a soldier, or eventually faction commander to keep that from happening.

ReplyQuote